by Unicornpupfluf

Original Post

[OPEN] Floor Transparent to Cursor

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game only.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?

In a new game, start building a new house on Twin Oracle Point in Newcrest.

Build a large box shaped room on the ground floor.

Go up one level and build a smaller box shaped room on top of the first, on the right side as seen from the front of the lot.

On the same level, place an L-shaped room to the left of the small box shaped room.

Place a half gabled roof such that a corner of the roof sits flush with the corner of the L-shaped room and does not touch the small box shaped room.

Place any glass roof pattern on the roof.

Fill the L-shaped room with a floor pattern.

Select the same pattern, rotate it, and fill the small square room.

What happens when the bug occurs? My cursor treats the floor in the small square room as transparent. Objects placed on the floor appear on the level below. The eyedropper and sledgehammer tools, when pointed at the floor, affect objects on the level below.
What do you expect to see? The floor should be selected when targeted with the eyedropper tool. The floor should be deconstructed when targeted with the sledgehammer tool. Objects should be placed on the floor under the cursor.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Attached image shows a build which demonstrate the key elements to produce the glitch.

It appears to be affected by things like the number other of rooms touching the roof, and the number of windows in the rooms with the floors.

Issues persists in live mode.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 6 (1,531 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Floor Transparent to Cursor

Champion

@yournameinhere I have tested this in my game and was able to reproduce the issue. In my game the game is seeing the flooring in one room on the 2nd floor as non-existent, as when I try to use the eyedropper tool on the floor it shows as drywall or flooring from the first floor depending on the angle, and when I use the sledgehammer on the floor it deletes flooring or a piece of the drywall on the first floor, depending on the angle. If an item is placed on the floor it shows up on the first floor. Please view this video: https://youtu.be/8INwCReJ40Q

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 6 (1,448 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@yournameinhere It has happened to me also on the 64x64 in brindleton bay as well as other large lots in the game
Message 3 of 6 (1,341 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@yournameinhereI've just encountered this bug as well. It happened on the 64x64 Chateau Peak plot in Del Sol Valley. I was far into building and this completely ruins things for me. All I can manage to do is switch the bug back and forth between rooms as I remake parts of the build.

Message 4 of 6 (1,290 Views)

★★ Novice

Having the same bug. The second-floor terrace keeps disappearing when zoomed in and I am unable to place objects.

Message 5 of 6 (1,177 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Floor Transparent to Cursor

★★★ Newbie
@yournameinhere I have the same issue on a 20x30 lot in Glimmerbrooke
Message 6 of 6 (927 Views)