[OPEN] Fishing Identification for active Sim with no fishing skill (Patch 1.70)

by candiecoatediv

Original Post

[OPEN] Fishing Identification for active Sim with no fishing skill (Patch 1.70)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Paranormal and Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Notification pops up whenever my sim interacts with a NPC sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The notification that my sim has identified a fish even though my sim does not have the fishing skill.
What do you expect to see? This should not be popping up because it was supposed to have been fixed in patch PC 1.69.57.1020 and Mac 1.69.57.1220
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

1.PNGI am not sure if this issue is after the most recent patch or not. Usually my sims will have the fishing skill, however, this particular sim does not have it has happened each time she has interacted with an NPC sim. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 8 of 21 (1,830 Views)

Fishing identification still an issue

★★★★★ Guide

The identifying fish without the fishing skill is still an issue. This was supposed to have been fixed with the patch PC:1.69.57.1020 / Mac: 1.69.57.1220. It’s not. Anyone else still having this problem? 

Message 1 of 21 (1,867 Views)

Re: Fishing identification still an issue

[ Edited ]
Champion

@candiecoatediv Hi!  I haven't noticed this coming up in my game very much for some time.  I do remember when it was popping up much more frequently.  Every now and then, I see it as a random conversational interaction and it seems to occur more often when I have multiple played households / sims at the same location.

Edit: When I wrote this, I was not seeing the notifications.  Now it is happening again much more frequently.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 21 (1,850 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@JonaO703  As far as I understood it should not happen if the sim does not have the fishing skill. I’m playing a new save with one sim and it came up. I’ve had it come up previously but did not pay attention to it as those sims have the fishing skill. 

Message 3 of 21 (1,846 Views)

Hero
@candiecoatediv Is it still happening for your active Sim or NPCs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 21 (1,828 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@crinrict My active Sim
Message 5 of 21 (1,816 Views)

Hero
@candiecoatediv Create a new bug report then. There is one for NPCs but afair, there's no new one for the active Sims with no skill.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 21 (1,808 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict thank you! Will do. 

Message 7 of 21 (1,799 Views)

Re: Fishing Identification Still an Issue after Patch Fix

★★★★★ Apprentice

My sims get that notification randomly, when they have not been fishing at all.

Its quite annoying. 

Message 9 of 21 (1,798 Views)

Re: Fishing Identification for active Sim with no fishing skill (Patch 1.70)

Hero
Just putting for reference.

If you get messages for NPCs (and not your active Sims), please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Fish-and-Fabrication-Recipes-Notifications-For/td-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 21 (1,782 Views)