Betreff: Skill Class

by Player_scd251cm

Original Post

Re: Fishing Identification for active Sim with no fishing skill (Patch 1.70)

★★★★★ Guide
@crinrict I can also confirm that my active Sims get the message about this constantly. It seems that they autonomously choose to talk about fishing over other things. I've had it where it was a topic of conversation over the holiday meal and it was just my household doing it.
Message 11 of 21 (546 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Bearpal64 Without fishing skill ? It's not a bug if they have fishing skill. Might be a bit annoying that they choose it all the time.

Bugs:

- NPCs getting messages 

- Message if you have no fishing skill

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 21 (540 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here! When my Sims are talking to someone, they are improving their Charisma skill, as you would expect, but at the same time I get push-notifications about this or that fish they newly discovered. 

Message 13 of 21 (564 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@Player_scd251cm That's a different issue. Sims sometimes discover fish when they Discuss Local Fishing Spots and that's by design. It has nothing to do with taking skill classes. There's a thread about it here. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Fish-Notifications-For-Inactive-Households-Sims-without/...

Message 14 of 21 (552 Views)

Hero
@Player_scd251cm Does your Sim have fishing skill at all ? Do you get the messages for your own household or Sims from another ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 21 (549 Views)

★★ Novice
@Sketch793 Oh I didn't know that, my mistake, thank you for clearing it up!
Message 16 of 21 (504 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict No they don't, that's why I'm so confused. The messages are for my own household. 

Message 17 of 21 (503 Views)

Hero
@Player_scd251cm Moved your post over to the bug report on that then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 21 (494 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This is happening on PS5 Still also. My active household gets notifications all the time about fish with no fishing skill.

Message 19 of 21 (477 Views)

Champion

I clicked "me too" here and on the NPC thread.  None of my played sims have fishing skill but I'm getting the notifications.  It seems to have increased in regularity since the last patch.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 20 of 21 (431 Views)