Re: [OPEN] Fires immediately being put out by all able sims on lot

by Marinuttonen

Original Post

★★★ Guide

I saw this as well when a guest in my home who was staying overnight set my stove on fire Confused He was the only one who ran outside, all other 6 Sims in the household ran immediately to extinguish it. None of them have the Brave trait. I quickly reset all of them to stop them from extinguishing the fire so the firemen could come and do it, which did work. Everyone got a Tense moodlet for 12 hours, but then also a Confident moodlet because it was extinguished. I then kicked the guest Sim out of my house because like...seriously dude??

Message 21 of 25 (519 Views)

Champion
@Marinuttonen I think its by design but I wish my spellcasters wouldn't put out fires they themselves started and i wish sims wouldn't all autonomously play hero to put it out because its really hard to have any fire in the game like this
Message 22 of 25 (474 Views)

★ Guide
Still experiencing this issue as of march 2022.
Message 23 of 25 (430 Views)

★★ Pro

Yeah it's boring that every adult sim somehow pulls a freakin fire extinghuisher out of their butt when a fire breaks out.. No chaos, no drama, no excitement. 

As players we should be able to direct a sim to put out the fire but not without risk. Clumsy and squeamish sims should be most likely to fail and sims with high fitness and/or logic skill should have more success. Maybe sims with the Brave trait could try to do it autonomously, but it doesn't make sense for any other sims. Except for the actual firefighters that should show up to do it.

Message 24 of 25 (358 Views)

★★★ Novice

All I want to do is burn my sims house down with some of my sims inside. How am I meant to do this if every person has their own personal extinguisher. There is no fun story progression.

I feel there should be an option to play in easy mode where nothing bad ever happens, and let the people who want to kill there sims have some fun. Because its extremely boring if no one ever dies.

Message 25 of 25 (243 Views)