Re: Fires immediately being put out by all able sims on lot

by Vaurthakan

Original Post

Firefighters do not extinguish the fire because sims do it automatically.

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All instead of: Batuu, Dream Home Decorator, kits (instead of Bust the dust).
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start the fire and wait.
What happens when the bug occurs? All sims in the family begin to automatically extinguish the fire as soon as it occurs (regardless of character traits). They don't panic, they don't run away. Before the firefighters arrive, the fire is extinguished, so they are completely unnecessary. It shouldn't work that way. Previously, the sims panicked and ran away from the house, and the firefighters were extinguish the fire.
What do you expect to see? Sims should run in panic and firefighters should extinguish the fire, just like it used to be. Otherwise, firefighters don't make sense at all.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

All sims in the family begin to automatically extinguish the fire as soon as it occurs (regardless of character traits). They don't panic, they don't run away. Before the firefighters arrive, the fire is extinguished, so they are completely unnecessary. It shouldn't work that way. Previously, the sims panicked and ran away from the house, and the firefighters were extinguish the fire.

Message 11 of 25 (806 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Fires immediately being put out by all able sims on lot

★★ Apprentice
@Marinuttonen I make my sims call the fire department but before they arrive another autonomously puts it out. I play on PC, only base game, no mods or CC
Message 12 of 25 (778 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Marinuttonen I agree with you about there not being enough chaos. EA should *never* have nerfed firefighters, vampires & pretty much everything else that added unexpected challenges/excitement/etc to the game. If anything, they should add toggles or sliders so players can adjust the level of complexity/unexpected events/etc to their comfort level and not just have an "all or nothing" system.

Message 13 of 25 (768 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, this bug is very annoying. I expect things to at least be vaguely dangerous in this game, and fires are a part of that.

If fires are automatically put out for you, then what's the point of having fires in the first place? They've been a mainstay of the series going back to Sims 1, and I expect them to work.

Very disappointed.

Message 14 of 25 (716 Views)

★ Guide
@djsboonie Yes, I agree. A difficulty toggle would make a lot of people happy, both the players who want a dollhouse simulator as well as those of us who want challenges and chaos.
Message 15 of 25 (715 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

My Sims put out the fire before the smoke detector/sprinkler even goes off.

Message 16 of 25 (692 Views)

★ Guide

Still experiencing this issue as of the cottage living patch.

Message 17 of 25 (643 Views)

Sims won't catch in fire

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.83.24.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When a fire start somewhere, at home or outside lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? When a fire start in the house, either all sims will extinguish fire autonomously... so when I want a sims to die from it, I have to click on each and every sims to cancel their action and make sure they go to safety... very tedious, it should be the other way around, it would make firefighters more sense to this game anyway... random fire happen and sometime we are ready to let a sim died, but hey except if the game don't allow you. The sim in question will try to extinguish the fire, so I cancel the action, which he stop and stay still next to the fire, I then wait, and wait, and wait, for hours him being right in the flames or next to it and he does not catch on fire and survive a 12 hours sims long fire without burning to death despise being on the fire the entire time.
What do you expect to see? Sims to catch on fire very easily as it should, and while we are here having as first respond for all sims across the board to autonomously leave the house for safety instead of rushing to extinguish the fire. I have a picture of 6 sims doing it and its annoying, cause those event are really important sometime in gameplay and anyway there are way to not died from it even when you catch on fire and this is way too easy to survive. But mainly I want my god tham sims to catch on fire when its supposed to be.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can't bare sims not catching on fire meanwhile there are next to it or right in it for hours and hours, and you?

Message 18 of 25 (617 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@onemorekayakerI would say, they should change the first reaction of all sims being to go out of the house on safety, like you can make them do, when you click on themself... instead of all of them rushing to extinguish it. This is highly frustrating, cause fire are exciting when they occure cause its the time to make a move if you want a sim to died, for instance, if they were all rushing outside, you the player could cancel one sim action and make it happen. Anyway, when they catch on fire, its not even a treath since you can click on the simself and select extinguish... like way too easy, but on top of that we have to endure all sims rushing to put it down... the fire should also spread more quickly. Then the firefighter would make sense imo. Right now, they are just witness of damages caused by fire.

Message 19 of 25 (569 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Citysim9997 I personaly would much more prefer sims not putting out fire at all, it should be to the discretion to the player to make their sims brave or not and also, leave the choice for drama or not, this is a very inquisitive way to play to let no choice and have sims auto extinguish fire. This is boring and frustrating for players at best.
Message 20 of 25 (516 Views)