Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Figure drawing masterpiece did not count toward Painter Aspira

by NZsimm3r

Original Post

[OPEN] Figure drawing masterpiece did not count toward Painter Aspiration

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? GP07: 1.assets.beta-gp07.17
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything, EXCEPT Moschino Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select 'Painter Extraordinaire' aspiration. Reach final stage of aspiration milestones, where sim must paint 5 masterpieces. Attempt a figure drawing until one is a masterpiece. Receive notification that "Sim has just completed painting a masterpiece!" Note that newly-painted masterpiece did not count toward goal.
What happens when the bug occurs? Figure drawing masterpiece did not count toward aspiration milestone.
What do you expect to see? Expected to see figure drawing masterpiece count toward final aspiration milestone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Specific easel in use: E.A.S.L Easel

Message 1 of 19 (10,423 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Figure drawing masterpiece did not count toward Painter Aspira

★ Guide

All Figure paintings do not work with the Base Game Aspiration Painter Extraordinaire. At Milestone III: Brushing with Greatness where 10 excellent paintings are required, any excellent, or above, quality Figure Painting does not check of 1 of the 10 paintings required.

No mods, no CC and all packs to date.

Message 2 of 19 (10,332 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I can confirm that the figure paintings didn't count for my sims for either their required excellent paintings or their masterpieces and I've had used the standard easel and also one unlocked by a career (no mods/cc, I have all the packs and my game is version  PC 1.58.63.1010)

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 3 of 19 (10,321 Views)

Hero
@NZsimm3r @MapleSimmer @lysiablr

Do the paintings count for any of the milestones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (10,312 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@crinrict I tested to see if there were any other issues with figure painting and they counted with the first tier of the aspiration; ie starting figure paintings while inspired counted and the time spent painting them also counted (it took my sim about 3.5 figure paintings to count the five hours, which seemed about the same as what I'm used to). For the second tier, selling the figure paintings also counted for the 'sell three paintings to the collector or art gallery'. So the issue only seems that they aren't registering for either the excellent paintings (for the third tier of the painter aspiration) or as masterpieces (for the fourth tier of the aspiration).

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 5 of 19 (10,302 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Figure paintings do not register with Milestone 3 or 4 but they do count for overall hours painted and for sell 3 paintings which is Milestone 1 and 2 respectfully.
Message 6 of 19 (10,288 Views)

Hero
@MapleSimmer @NZsimm3r

Thank you both

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 19 (10,286 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Seeing this on PS4 currently. My observations are the same as @NZsimm3r  reported. 

Message 8 of 19 (10,088 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Just now I had my Sim paint nothing but figure paintings until she had ten. She painted seven excellent and three masterpieces and none of them counted towards the aspiration goal of ten excellent paintings.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
Game Version 1.60.54.1020 Patch 16Jan20
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 9 of 19 (10,050 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Figure drawing masterpiece did not count toward Painter Aspiration

★★★ Apprentice

Since this last patch I have been trying to have my sim have 15 pieces of art in their home but i find now that placing paintings causes it to mess up , She has six pieces it says when she actually has 10 masterpieces on the wall , I painted some it went up to 8 , i took her on a date and its gone back to six , painted another 2 and it went up to 8 again , Then i had to save and quit , Back in the game and its now back at 6 pieces 

Message 10 of 19 (9,981 Views)