Re: [OPEN] Figure drawing masterpiece did not count toward Painter Aspiration

by Sketch793

Original Post

Hero
@YorksRob Is this about figure drawing or paintings in general ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 19 (1,077 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@lysiablr @crinrict 

Can confirm this and expand a little.

I have a sim in the "Painter Extraordinaire" aspiration. I got to the "Paint 5 masterpieces" task. I noticed sometimes it would count towards the goal, sometimes it won't.

After testing, I found out that if I tasked my sim to paint a painting, and it ended up a masterpiece, it would count towards the goal. However, if my SIM started painting on their own, and it ended up a masterpiece, it WOULD NOT.  My sim painted 4 paintings, two I initiated, two my sim initiated on their own. The two I initiated ended up counting towards the goal, the two my sim initiated did not.

At the very least, make sure you initiate all paintings, at least until the goal is complete.

Edit:

I did figure out one thing... If the sim starts a painting on their own, and I cancel it and resume it myself, it then counts towards the goal. It only fails if the sim starts and finishes the painting on their own.

Message 12 of 19 (971 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Figure Paintings are still not counted for the 10 Excellent Paintings required for the third milestone. Haven't got to the fourth milestone yet.

Message 13 of 19 (887 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am experiencing this same issue. I instructed my sim to do two figure paintings, both were masterpieces, and neither counted toward the aspiration (Painter Extraordinaire) OR a whim my sim had to "paint a masterpiece."

Message 14 of 19 (794 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It seems this is still an issue, my university art student is now having the same problem. Painted 2 figure painting masterpieces, back to back, neither one counted toward the 5 masterpieces milestone. The 5 that was counted was 1 Abstract, 1 Pop Art, 1 Classic, 1 Surrealism and 1 Landscape. 

Message 15 of 19 (743 Views)

★★ Novice

Also having this problem, seems to be that any paintings without a size option do not fulfill the aspiration, even though the Masterpiece notification is displayed.

Message 16 of 19 (564 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have done the Painting Aspiration many times, this is the first time I noticed that figure paintings don't count towards the Excellent or Masterpiece requirements.

I have tried having my Sim stop when she started herself, then finish on my command and it still didn't apply. Masterpieces are hard enough to get it's annoying when the first one she does after getting to this point of the aspiration doesn't count. I haven't found any others that don't work. only Figure Paintings from Discover University.

Message 17 of 19 (445 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Sirromap I cannot believe this hasn't been fixed yet. Since they were introduced, figure drawings have never counted toward those aspiration requirements. If that is by design, they need to change it. If it is a mistake, they need to fix it already.
Message 18 of 19 (401 Views)

★★ Novice

Still having this issue. None of my Sims' Figure Paintings have counted towards her aspiration. At least I figured it out after some time, but it's kind of ridiculous that this bug has been present for this long.

Message 19 of 19 (330 Views)