[NEEDS SAVES] Fertilize several plants with the same item doesn't work

by Vulori

Original Post

Re: Queuing fertilize plant cancels fertilizing a previous plant?

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict 
I try to interweave my stacks so I am not only using say lemons to fertilize. I'll use lemons, apples, cherries, lemons, apples, cherries, but it will STILL skip plants that are queued and take me repeatedly queuing missed plants or having to wait for the action to complete before queuing up another plant.

Message 61 of 72 (905 Views)

Hero
@Covahenasni Sounds like this though as even if you switch to something else in between, you're still circling back to the same stack before it's fertilized.

Does it works if you only do: Lemons, apples, cherries ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 72 (889 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Guys Growfruit Tree is a special tree that came to TS4 during a spring challenge with a fruit called growfruit.  This fruit is unique it will increase the rate of growth from seed to adult.  It only works on younger plants as fertilizer, however older plants must have the perfect grow fruit to increase its harvest rate or yield.  Perfect growfruit can also speed up the evolve of younger plants.  Can only use 1 grow fruit per plant type.

Message 63 of 72 (870 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Fertilize several plants with the same item doesn't work

★★★ Newbie
@Vulori I'm still experiencing this issue. I have to fertilize plants one at a time.
Message 64 of 72 (693 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm still experiencing this issue too

and I am neither playing the Sims 4 games or buying anything The Sims until such time where EA finally pulls their fingers out their butts and fixes this issue !!!

Message 65 of 72 (631 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I can now pause the game and queue up to 7 fertilize actions with one type of fertilizer, and it will successfully fertilize each one. I discovered that I can do this after the June 4, 2020 patch (PC: 1.63.134.1020). I do not know if it was fixed in a previous version, it was not mentioned in the patch notes. There are other issues with doing this action that really complicate figuring out whether this is "fixed" or not.

Unfortunately, if the plants had any harvestables on them, it causes them to disappear. Also, all the plants that were fertilized via a queue revert to looking like a dirt pile. Even stranger, though, is that if I save the game BEFORE fertilizing via a queue, none of this happens. Which is making it really hard to replicate reliably - I did a couple of "save as" test games, and the queuing worked flawlessly on both of them. 

So I guess I would ask you to test it again (this happened to me on the latest July 23 patch) and see if it works for you. I did these tests on a game with just base game + eco living / no mods or cc. If you pause the game and queue to fertilize with the same item on as many plants as you can, what happens for those plants? Do you get some fertilized and not others? All fertilized or none? How many fertilizers does it use (if you fertilize with a stack, does it use just one from the stack, or multiple?)

As I said, I can no longer replicate the problem, although I am seeing bugs with the process, it seems to be different bugs. All the plants get fertilized with one item for me

Message 66 of 72 (619 Views)

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformPC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a fish in inventory. Pause game. Go to plants and try to fertilize more than one at at time.
What happens when the bug occurs? You are only able to to fertilize one plant.
What do you expect to see? Being able to fertilize at least 5 to 6 other plants with one fish after the first one is fertilized.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, after the current patch (7/20/21).

Message 67 of 72 (463 Views)

★★ Guide

Why is "fertilize all" not an option in the game? We have a "water all", "harvest all", "weed" also applies to all plants in the area, and the same with "spray for bugs". If you think how many plants players usually have needing to give orders to fertilize one at a time is a real pain. Maybe it would be a nice idea for a mod...

Message 68 of 72 (441 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @geek-gurl10 

If you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 69 of 72 (434 Views)

Re: Trying to fertilize several plants at once with the same item doesn't work

★★★ Novice

I'm not sure about subsequent plants not being fertilized but I am having the one item per plant issue. Prior to the patch for the Cottage Living EP I was able to use any type of fertilizer item and fertilize 6-7 plants per one item. After the patch it's one for one. I have tested this with and without mods.

Message 70 of 72 (390 Views)