Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Fertilize several plants with the same item doesn't work

by Psychotps

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

The issue is still present - or has re-appeared - after a recent update (game version number 1.59.73.1020) :

I have made a thread about an issue that appear to be either similar or mostly similar :

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Multi-queued-plant-fertilization-appear-to-only-fertilize-firs...

It is rather annoying that EA fixes one issue only to (re-?) introduce another - I didn't experience the fertilization issue until after applying the recent update (1.59.73.1020) , though I of course can't say %100 for sure that the issue did not appear at the same time only by coincidence...

Message 21 of 72 (1,218 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Having the same problem. If you queue up several fertilizer actions, the animation works for all of them but only the first one is actually done. Problem only exists if you use the SAME fertilizer for all items. If you queue up several fertilizer actions with each using a different fertilizer, all are done.

Message 22 of 72 (1,206 Views)

Re: Multi queued plant fertilization appear to only fertilize first plant

★★★★ Expert
@jmeadowbrook Just to add... while paused, if you queue up the fertilize actions but select different fertilizers for each, all actions complete successfully. It's only when using the same fertilizer that it fails exactly as described.
Message 23 of 72 (1,467 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue. What is weird though is that I've been using large dog poop as a fertilizer for a long time before this patch with no issue. Now, even when I fertilize one plant, the option to fertilize still remains. I tried with a growfruit and the option goes away only on the first plant in queue just like the original post on this thread says. Fix one issue, breaks another! way to go EA!

Message 24 of 72 (1,458 Views)

★ Guide

@Psychotps wrote:
@jmeadowbrookJust to add... while paused, if you queue up the fertilize actions but select different fertilizers for each, all actions complete successfully. It's only when using the same fertilizer that it fails exactly as described.

Yes, I would like to say it's a 'sweet' bug before the patch. Now it's fixed. BTW, I'd also found the effect was not good if the same fertilizers was used on several plants. I like this fix. It's better if the same fertilizer is used more than one time could be prohibited in the interaction.

Message 25 of 72 (1,420 Views)

Hero
@jmeadowbrook I need to test this myself but I'm just curious if you would say that both things are now a thing or if this new one overrides the other ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 72 (1,416 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I assume you are talking about the subject of the current thread compared to the subject of the 2018 https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Fertilize-several-plants-with-the-same-item-doesn-t-work/... which you recently edited.
Most all of my plants have been 'perfect' since before 'Seasons', therefore the complaint in the 2018 report about the plants not getting a quality "boost" after fertilizing would not have affected my game.
I did notice however, that my fertilizing inventory was not being consumed by the number of fertilizations I was exercising, e.g. if I fertilized 8* plants with garlic, only 2* garlics disappeared from my inventory. (*I can not say exactly how many, the numbers I mentioned are a guess) In my case, all the plants I fertilized truly were fertilized and they were shown to be fertilized. They produced their harvestables daily as usual. I usually collect the harvestables daily and fertilize every 4 days. I can not say how long ago I observed the lack of proper depletion of harvestables in my inventory while fertilizing, but it has been at least a few months. I didn't mind it, because it was a plus for my sims.
I do not play with any mods, but I do have over the recommended amount of sims in 'My Households'.
Currently, I do have the same problem that @DanishLighthouse reported.
I hope I have helped.
Message 27 of 72 (1,403 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

hello! i have the same issues (can successfully fertilize one plant at a time; no queuing) & would also like to add that a plant will only show as "recently fertilized" only if i use another plant or a fish as fertilizer; small pet poo is no longer fertilizing. thank you.

Message 28 of 72 (1,312 Views)

★ Guide
@Psychotps I tested this, your observation applies to my game, as well.
Message 29 of 72 (1,298 Views)

Hero

The dog poop seems to be a seperate issue so please use this thread for that: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CD-Unable-to-use-pet-poop-as-fertilizer/td-p/85397...

As for the other issue, I only see minor differences between the old thread and this one. 

It now seems that only the first plant actually gets fertilized while before they all did but with only one fertilizer actually being consumed. To me, the first bug can no longer be in there if we now have this one as they contradict each other. It's like it's evolved.

I will probably need to close the old and leave the new but haven't decided yet.

I have only tested this with normal plants but from what OP describes here and in the original I don't think neither pausing the game nor the quality actually matter for the issue to occur. 

@jmeadowbrook I'm unsure I understand your statement about them being wasted. Do you have more than one being consumed but the plant not being fertilized ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 72 (1,287 Views)