Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] Fertile Trait not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs. City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Outdoor retreat, Spa Day, and Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with sims who have the fertile trait from satisfaction points - I am not getting twins or triples.
What happens when the bug occurs? Both my sims - the husband and the wife have the fertile trait. I understand it only increases the odds, but in the pass I've always had twins or triples on the 2nd or third try. However - I keep having kid after kid and testing with other families and it is NOT working. What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to give births to triplets or twins in the same ratio to one baby births.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to give births to triplets or twins in the same ratio to one baby births. And yes I did the repair the game and it is updated.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I am trying to complete the generations thing - so I keep playing kids born into families. Yes I did a cheat code to get satisfaction points and gave both sims the mom and the dad in three families now the fertile trait. 

IT NEVER WORKS 

Kid after kid is born single - no twins - no triples.

In the past when I played and my sims had the fertile trait every other kid turned out a triple or a twin! 

I WANT THIS BACK. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 18 (1,304 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Fertile Trait not working

★★★ Novice
@Lidi999 Did you ever get this solved? If so, please let me know how!
Message 2 of 18 (1,134 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Doesn’t work for me either just had 3 kids in a row all single kids and The sim is fertile 

Message 3 of 18 (1,114 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I honestly stopped playing half out of frustration and half out of being super busy with school. I just booted the game back up after letting it update and it still isn't working. Three single kids in a row with both parents being fertile. Like how has this gone on so long without a solution!!!

Message 4 of 18 (1,030 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

my sim has been pregnant 16 times since getting the fertile trait (doing the 100 baby challenge) and has had twins ONCE. This is crazy frustrating. I got the satisfaction points, I traded them for the fertile trait, and I expect the trait to do what it says. From what I know, a sim with no special traits or anything has a 10% chance of having twins, compared to my sim who, according to my current data, has a 6.25% chance of twins WITH the fertile trait. Idk about the same ratio of twins to single babies or anything, but at the very least the fertile trait needs to actually INCREASE your chances of having twins. This needs to be fixed in the base game bc I shouldn’t have to buy Spa Treatment or City Living just to get a trait I already paid for.

Message 5 of 18 (891 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Fertile trait + Fertile massage... twice in a row with two different sims, only one baby.

That's very wrong.

Message 6 of 18 (828 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I find it is the same with the fertile herbal remedy, I have stacked them all on top of each other as well. The massage, the trait and the remedy still only really get multiples in a house with the lot trait. 

Message 7 of 18 (810 Views)
Highlighted

I noticed this also on PS4. I did the 26 generation legacy achievement and throughout that whole time, I had each sim purchase fertile trait from the rewards store. No twins or triplets ever. I then was able to use fertility massages and fertility drinks (OR) and the same thing. Single births even using the reward trait, the massage, and the drink. In the entire 26 generations (11 months of real play and so many children!) I had a total of 3 sets of twins using all of the above, and no triplets.

The resulting twins were not a result of the massages or drinks, they were just random. I don't even remember if the female sim had the fertile trait because it was late in the legacy when I started seeing twins and I think I stopped wasting points on the trait because I hadn't seen any twins in 12 or so generations using the trait.

I don't work for EA. I'm a player helping other players. Please do not send me PMs unless requested.
Sims 4 Console FAQ | Sims 4 Console Patch Notes
If a post solved your issue, don't forget to mark it as a solution!

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 18 (766 Views)
Highlighted

Cannot have triplets

★★★ Newbie

Made one guy. Made him fertile. Worked on his traits and careers. 

Created 14 women, 14 houses. Made all women fertile. Worked on their traits and careers.

Started off by living with two women at a time, impregnating both (separated by two trimesters so not to fill up the house too quickly), then waited. No triplets.  Moved babies and ladies out, moved two new women in. Repeat. No triplets. Repeat... repeat... repeat.

Once all households were filled with babies (7 babies and a woman), I played each of those households until the babies were taken away. Returned to main character and tried again.Then again. Fail.

Tried different strategy. Moved man into women's houses. Impregnated and waited. No triplets, then moved to the next house and tried again.

Started a new game with one couple. Played them both through careers and traits. Made them monogamous. Made them fertile. Still playing this save. Have now given away 26 babies and no triplets. Twins four times, the rest singles.

Tried making sure they overeat during pregnancy. Tried watching kids tv and putting a bed in the kids room. Tried filling a bedroom with flirty stuff and making sure both sims were "very flirty." Tried getting sims maxed on all traits before having a baby. Tried with zero traits (except charisma from chatting up). Tried potions beforehand. Tried rockets, beds, and hot tubs. Nothing works.

I have now had more than 300 babies across two saves and no twins. Probably way more. Twins about every 4th or fifth pregnancy.  My wife is playing her own save. Built a massive world. Uses full cheats, so no trophies. Even she has never had triplets.

HELP!

Message 9 of 18 (706 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Cannot have triplets

@woodyproy I've moved your post to the bug thread for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button on the bottom of the first post in the thread.

I don't work for EA. I'm a player helping other players. Please do not send me PMs unless requested.
Sims 4 Console FAQ | Sims 4 Console Patch Notes
If a post solved your issue, don't forget to mark it as a solution!

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 10 of 18 (682 Views)