[FIXED] Fences disappear when hovering with gate

by Psychotps

Original Post

Re: sims 4 fence pieces missing

★★★★★ Novice
@ra7orrat I did do that but the pieces missing are far down from the gate not touching it. Also after deleting the gate the fence pieces where the gate were go invisible sometimes. I played today and haven't had this issue. It seems pretty random. Today the newest bug is not being able to delete random items with the delete button I have to drag it to sell and sometimes that dashboard does not show up
Message 31 of 51 (1,024 Views)

★★ Guide

@aronellovettI meant the parts of the fence where the gate previously was (however briefly, like when you first placed it and probly moved it arround the fence), not those surrounding it.

Message 32 of 51 (1,003 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Oh I gotcha. This was happening even when gates were not involved.

Message 33 of 51 (964 Views)

Re: Fences disappearing when gate passes through

★★ Novice

I had this problem, too. I found a few Reddit threads about this suggesting clearing your cache. I did it and mine works fine now. Here's a link on how to clear your cache. If that doesn't work, I suggest searching on Reddit. https://www.google.com/search?q=sims+4+clear+cache+build&oq=sims+4+clear+cache+build&aqs=chrome..69i...

Message 34 of 51 (944 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Fences disappear when hovering with gate

★★ Novice

This is still happening as of 07/28/2021. It has not been fixed in any patches!

Message 35 of 51 (936 Views)

Cottage Living Fence disappearing when adding gates

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Dine Out, Spa Day, Tiny Living, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build mode with bb.moveobjects on
What happens when the bug occurs? When I place a fence then add a gate the adjourning fences will turn to posts and any place you put or hover the gate will turn in to posts. Even if you delete and replace the fence it will continue to place posts wherever you put the gate.
What do you expect to see? Fences should remain fences when adding a gate
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent patch on 7/27/21

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1100808062

Message 36 of 51 (962 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My whole fence stays, but some of the posts are missing. I place one long fence then noticed about 4 ramdom posts were missing. Fence still connected, just looks weird without other posts.

Message 37 of 51 (879 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had this bug with the cottage living gate. Cache clearing fixed it (for now), but it shouldn't happen in the first place. 

Message 38 of 51 (835 Views)

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time on every lot
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all Expansions and Game Packs. Only 3 Stuff Packs not
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? when building a fence and later changing it or by placing a gate
What happens when the bug occurs? in some positions the fence disappears even though the posts stay there
What do you expect to see? Fences not glitch out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?  yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Today was the first time I noticed 

Message 39 of 51 (750 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Psychotps Yep, even after deleting thumbcache and repairing game this is now persisting. That used to fix it for me, but not lately!
Message 40 of 51 (745 Views)