[FIXED] Fear of Dead End Job not Conquered/Excessive

by TiaAllyce23

Original Post

"Regain passion" always failing

★★★ Novice

Hey guys,

So, I have that Sim who loves programming and technology, he's got a job in the technology field and I'm making him work hard so he gets promotions quite often. Problem is, he keeps getting the dead end job fear again and again and can never fix it because anytime I use "regain passion", it fails !

First, why doesn't he like his job since he loves programming & technology ; second, why does he keep having this fear despite him getting promotions regularly ; and third, why can't he regain passion? It's so annoying Frown Fears are a cool addition but they're very repetitive and don't always make sense. Does anyone know why this keeps happening? 

Thanks in advance !

Message 51 of 87 (943 Views)

Re: "Regain passion" always failing

Hero
@Edahel I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 87 (902 Views)

★ Guide
@Edahel It keeps happening because gaming companies don't do QA testing anymore.
Message 53 of 87 (849 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Fear of Dead End Job not Conquered/Excessive

★ Guide

Im playing on PS5 right now. My sim gets this fear every single time she gets back from work (she is police officer) and even when she gets promotion. The moodlet is ridiculously powerful and I need to switch off wants/fears every time it appears and turn it back which is not ideal considering it deletes every other fear/want. My personal opinion is, this should appear if sim didn’t get promotion for a long time or got stressed from work/need vacation moodlet or when player force sim to work hard for long period of time. That would make sense, because  right now it does not. It just annoying.

Message 54 of 87 (815 Views)

Champion

So I’m wondering, for everyone else having this problem - do you tell your Sim to work hard? Because I almost always do. And my Sims were getting fear of dead end job nearly every single day.

But I’ve just played with a Sim who I never told to work hard (ambitious, military career), just left on normal, and I’ve just managed to get through 3 full days of work, and even a promotion, without getting the fear!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 55 of 87 (760 Views)

★★ Novice

I too am dealing with this problem.

Every sim I play get this annoying problem.

My first sims is an active sim, in the sports career, and the sim got fear of dead end job.

Second sim is a geek, and has the tech support career, same problem.

Everytime I buy the fear removal, it only last 1-2 days, and the fear is back.

I have tried disabling Fear in the settings menu, but that has done nothing.

The game is currently unplayable for me.

Platform: PC

Language: Danish

Running latest patch, and no CC

Message 56 of 87 (743 Views)

★ Guide

To be honest I am delighted to having Fears and Wants in The Sims 4, but as of late some of them are becoming a major annoyance to me, particularly Fear of Dead End Job, this one makes ZERO SENSE! My Sims have good jobs, jobs that PAY WELL and my Sims keep getting this particular fear for no stupid reason! I guess the trigger for it is the lack of promotion for a long period of days, I think this fear should only be triggered if a Sim hasn't been promoted for about 5 Sim days or so, and should go away if said Sim gets a new job or is promoted/levels up in their career, but lately no matter if my Sims get promoted or a new job, this fear won't go away unless I use the fear be gone potion from the reward store.

Message 57 of 87 (674 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Any sims that goes to work, get this fear everyday after work. Best advice is don't work. 

Message 58 of 87 (643 Views)

★ Novice

I have also been getting this fear constantly as well as a couple others like the unfulfilled dreams fear.

Message 59 of 87 (583 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

everyday i go to work. I use an average of 2 potions a day for fears.. on an household of 6 people. Regain passion always falling... how to deal with fear of death?.. and fear to be cheated on can't be removed if you are woohoo partner with your love one, you will never get the trigger to talk about this fear.

Message 60 of 87 (566 Views)