Re: [OPEN] Fear of Dead End Job not Conquered/Excessive

by mh4515

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Same for me. This feels constant. And even on days they get promoted. My teen sims have gone to their part-time jobs twice each, I think, and on the second day they both got promoted, and both got this moodlet. It makes no sense to go hand in hand with a promotion.

Message 21 of 87 (1,619 Views)

★★ Novice

Every sim I have in a household is getting this fear.. it is the most annoying thing especially when you do what it says and then two sims days later it comes back. 

Message 22 of 87 (1,612 Views)

Re: Excessive fear of dead end job

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm having these same issues with fears and slightly less of those same problems with "fear of unfulfilled dreams". However, I tried to turn off wants and fears so I can continue to play my game like normal and while the setting was unticked, they returned. I'm upset about the excessive fears, but even worse is that I continue to get the bad moodlets because it turns itself back on. If you see wants, the fears ARE still active. It turns back on not long after turning it off. I'm currently playing with all packs disabled except for City Living.

Message 23 of 87 (1,595 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think the "fear of a dead-end job" thing should only be for part-time jobs. It seems pretty excessive the way it is now, almost not even worth the hassle of keeping a job.

Message 24 of 87 (1,546 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This.. how is it possible that my sim is a foodie, has the Chef aspiration, and likes cooking… yet has a fear of a dead end job as a chef even though he is also level 6 in the career? The only way I could take it off was through cheats but it kept popping up every other time he went to work, which was annoying. I think there should be certain circumstances where this fear won’t happen. For example traits and aspirations should be the main reason focus; if my sim had the body builder aspiration, yet he was in the tech guru career, which does not involve any fitness, then yeah I can see why that fear would pop up. But it doesn’t make sense when the aspiration, traits, and likes are all aligned yet they fear their job is going no where? 

Message 25 of 87 (1,485 Views)

★ Guide

I have one sim who gets this every other day - even the day after being promoted. I can't perform the necessary action to get rid of it naturally either, so the only option is to buy the potion. After spending about 2000 aspiration points on a single potion over and over again, I've just abandoned the household, it's unplayable.

New household? Nobody works, I don't know how else to break out of the never ending cycle.

Message 26 of 87 (1,400 Views)

★★★ Guide

The same is happening for my household with eight sims and nobody has a job. They all have the unfullfilled dreams fear every day. No other fear so far.

Message 27 of 87 (1,384 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I am having this issue as well. My sim has conquered this fear several times. It keeps popping up conveniently goes away when it's time to go to work so I cannot have them "regain passion." I am also having issues with my sim having the fear of drowning/water thalassophobia she can't cook she won't do anything. I have had her conquer this fear as well and it keeps coming back. I don't want to have to disable wants/fears because that defeats the purpose of the feature and it's use. 

Message 28 of 87 (1,381 Views)

★★★ Guide

It does seem to be based on chance rather than your traits/aspirations, which is making it nonsensical. One of my Sims keeps getting the "Afraid of the Dark" Scared moodlet when it's 2PM and sunny outside. But that's a different thread. It also almost seems like promotions are triggering it, since a majority of these comments are people saying it happens after a promotion. They really are too much, and too constant. It should add gameplay, but it's taking away gameplay atm because it's causing the game to be unplayable.

Message 29 of 87 (1,346 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

It seems to come back to my sims all the time. It's very badly balanced and it's common to get it in the evening (with no way for you to do something about it) so you have to deal with it until it's time for them to go to work and try to get them to regain their passion.

It seems to have nothing to do with their actual job either, I have gotten it while my sims have gotten promoted at their job.

Message 30 of 87 (1,283 Views)