Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Fear of Dead End Job not Conquered/Excessive

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every expansion, game, stuff pack and kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a sim until you get the fear of dead end job trait. Then attempt to regain passion.
What happens when the bug occurs? Initially, the regain passion button isn’t there most days despite top mood and prep for work - it’s more frequently there after work. But, on the instances that it is, you hit regain passion, your sims 50/50s on feeling positive or still not passionate. If your sim gets the positive mood let, you send them to work and they still do not conquer the fear.
What do you expect to see? On completing the prerequisites to overcome the fear, I expect the fear to be conquered and disappear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch before and installation of high school years

I’ve not been able to conquer this fear once, despite meeting the prerequisites four or five times (which is really difficult because the regain passion button isn’t there often). Ended up having to buy the potion for this fear every time, which is irritating because my sim is getting this fear the most frequently of all fears. Even gets this fear when they’re in the job of their ambition.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, merged post with 7 me toos.

Message 1 of 87 (38,152 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Fear of Dead End Job Not Going Away

Hero

Fear of Unfulfilled Dreams and Fear of Dead End Job will appear less often and feel appropriate when they do

Fixed in Patch 1.96.365/1.71

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 87 of 87 (3,297 Views)

All Replies

Excessive fear of dead end job

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim go to work
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim gets the fear of dead end job
What do you expect to see? This not happening every time
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch with wants and fears

Every time my sims go to work; no matter the job, they come home with the “fear of dead end job”. 
even if they got promoted on the same day, even if they are at the top of the career, even if they went to work in a good mood. 

I perform the action to conquer the fear (regain passion before work) and it works and the fear is gone. 
the next time they go to work... the fear is back again. 

I don’t know if it’s a bug or if it’s meant to work like this but it’s incredibly frustrating to have this fear all of the time 

Message 2 of 87 (38,117 Views)

Re: Excessive fear of dead end job

★★★ Newbie

I've been having this problem too, it's so annoying because when my sim finally conquered her fear, she went to work for a few days got a promotion and the fear was back again, even though the supposed cause is not getting a promotion for a while. Then I thought, maybe it's just because my sim is non-committal, however now it seems that's not what's causing this

Message 3 of 87 (38,028 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Me too. I played the patched game just now and everyone in my household who has a job had this fear. 

Message 4 of 87 (38,014 Views)

★★★★ Guide

yes me too, but mine never went! Also made sure he 'regained passion' before work...it gave him an extra moodlet but the sad one didnt go...he got promoted 3 times and it was still here...I tried playing last night after updating and it was still there...so I gave in and bought the 'fear be gone' potion from the rewards store, which got rid of it! Dont really like using them tho cause makes me feel like Im defeated the object of the game lol I am grateful for the extra depth to the game with all the new additional features but they deffo need fine tuning. Looking forward to the rollout of further updates throughout the week x

Message 5 of 87 (37,997 Views)

Hero
@xjodielaura I merged your post with another thread on the fear. Think what everyone is describing is very similar

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 87 (37,959 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Fear of Dead End Job not Conquered/Excessive

★★★ Apprentice

My Sim has this fear pretty much every day. Even when the 'regain passion' action succeeds and the fear goes away, it returns the very next day while she still has the buff from conquering her fear. It was somewhat realistic when she was a barista while going through college but at level 8 of the investor career it's just a pain, especially as upskilling to get a promotion takes ages at this level. The frequency really needs dialled down for all careers but should also be much, much lower when Sims are near the top (level 7+) of a career that is matched to their aspirations. 

Message 7 of 87 (37,254 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I think EA should adjust how the fear system works. Like maybe this fear should not resurface if the Sim has at least 7+ level in their career or if they at least get promoted once a week. It's funny how my chef Sim who likes to cook and has a level 10 cooking skill gets this fear every other day. It also decreases her work performance so she always comes home stressed due to her having to work hard to advance very slowly. 

Message 8 of 87 (36,862 Views)

★★★ Guide
@darrel122500 Hard agree, for me it's clearing fine but popping up way too soon after, on Sims that have been promoted semi-regularly
Message 9 of 87 (36,822 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I also think that if your sims literal ambition is to become a top chef, that should prevent this fear as well.

Message 10 of 87 (36,807 Views)