[FIXED] Family Tree: Connections missing (Patch 1.96)

by Nancy9

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Family Tree: Connections missing (Patch 1.96)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Lots of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Install the infants patch and load up the family tree
What happens when the bug occurs? The family tree shows the images of sims but the lines connecting them are broken. Sims images are floating. This appears to happen for descendants but not ancestors. I haven't yet got an infant in my game, this happened as soon as I loaded up the game after the patch.
What do you expect to see? The lines showing the relationships between sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The infants patch released on the 14th of March 2023.

The images are too large to attach

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 47 (14,953 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Family Tree: Connections missing (Patch 1.96)

Hero

Family trees, by definition, keep growing. Now your Sims will be once again able to view their Grand and Great Grand lineages

Fixed in Patch 1.98.127/1.76

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 47 of 47 (5,896 Views)

All Replies

Re: Family tree broken after infants patch

★★★★ Apprentice

Images now resized and attached 

Message 2 of 47 (14,897 Views)

Broken Family Tree

★★ Novice

After Infant patch, my family tree is broken, the connections are disconnected. I've tried repairing the game and starting a new save and no mods but I  keep getting the same results. 

Message 3 of 47 (14,656 Views)

Re: Broken Family Tree

★★ Apprentice

Same issue .  This is old got fix.  But apparently new update introduce back into the game. 

Message 4 of 47 (14,630 Views)

★ Guide
@Nancy9 Commenting so hopefully this gets bumped up, more people see it, and it can get addressed or at least achknowledged.
Message 5 of 47 (14,680 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you Standard smile. It's a really devastating bug after years of playing with the same family

Message 6 of 47 (14,625 Views)

Re: Broken Family Tree

Hero
@aannie8 I merged your post with the bug report. Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 47 (14,603 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I have this one too. It's not affecting parents and children, but if i click on the grandparents the line connecting the child with their parents is broken. See attachment.

Message 8 of 47 (14,332 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I'm experiencing the same issue! Loaded my old save with no mods or cc, looked a tree up and the lines aren't shown properly. Everybody's still related as they should be, no family members disappeared (thank the gods). It's just the lines that look weird. And it looks like it depends on from whom's perspective you're viewing the tree.

I'll attach my screenshots as well.

Edit: grammar

Message 9 of 47 (14,117 Views)

★ Guide
@pingvinskin Yeah I've noticed that too. Like if I look at it from my toddler everything is connected right, but when I click on the toddler's grandpa it shows up all disconnected.
Message 10 of 47 (3,098 Views)