[ARCHIVED] Sims wake up/ stand on reloading game/lot

by SaveZeIda

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] Family sims wake up when i leave the residential lot

★★★★★ Apprentice

here are the videos showing the family in bed before leaving. Then, when she comes home not more than an hour (sim time) later. I started the video immediately when she arrived back home and the whole family was watching tv and their energy was only half full. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g-46Fw5CKrLndikW45r3B03Zbf3flCtQ/view?usp=sharing

Message 11 of 43 (1,480 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Family sims wake up when i leave the residential lot

EA Staff

Hi @jessiechaput44

We got the videos. We will give them a look!

Thank you very much for the effort!

Happy Simming!

Message 12 of 43 (1,452 Views)

Sims standing when loading household

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Except My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Save and exit the game then load the game back up and select current household
What happens when the bug occurs? When I save and exit my game my sims are typically still performing an action such as sleeping, reading, school project, etc. However, when I reload my game the whole household will be standing near the object in which they were interacting with. My Sims are no longer performing the action.
What do you expect to see? Upon reloading my game and select my household I expect to pick up where I left off. Meaning my sims are still performing the action qued and not standing around.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 1.44.83.1020

This is something I noticed after the latest patch

Message 13 of 43 (1,447 Views)

Re: Sims standing when loading household

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @MsPigglyPooh

I merge your post with existing thread that I finally found. It's a bit different but for now I'm going to keep them together. Going to split again should one get fixed but not the other.

It's not something I can duplicate though.

Mine stand up but go right back to bed.

Are they maybe not tired enough to go back to bed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 43 (1,398 Views)

Re: Sims standing when loading household

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

What I noticed now since doing a fresh reinstall and then placing my save back in the game is them doing that to where they are standing but get back in bed. It took me to do a fresh install and placing that save back in the game to get those results. Even after several repairs lol. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again. I noticed some bugs that others have posted will go away but then come back after playing for a while. It's odd.

And let me add when the issue would happen their energy would not be full. It would be half way down or at the same level (red) as it was when I initially saved the game.

Message 15 of 43 (1,390 Views)

Sims load in different spots than where last left.

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? the latest patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get To Work, Seasons, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Bowling Night Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Save the game with your Sim doing an activity. Exit the game, load back in, and find them standing somewhere else.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time the game is loaded.
What do you expect to see? My Sims where I left them when I last saved the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've noticed recently that when I load into my saves, my Sims are in different spots than where I last left them. For example, if I save the game with my Sim in the tub, I'll load into it later on and she'll be standing next to it. If I save the game with my Sim in bed, I load the game and he'll be awake and standing next to it. If I load the game while my Sim is at work, she'll return in the middle of the day, only to run off to work again. The only time this didn't seem to happen is when I save my game while everybody is asleep; they'll still be asleep when I load the game back in.

The positions they are in all seem to be random as well. For example regarding the tub: I saved the game with my Sim in the tub, loaded the game later on and she was standing next to it naked. Went back to the main menu without doing anything, loaded back into the game again, and she was still standing, but this time she was clothed.

I always put my game on pause before I save it and exit it as well.

I'm not sure when exactly this started happening, I just know it's something recent that I noticed within the past couple of weeks, and not something that was happening when the game was first released. I thought it was possibly some mods/cc that could be the cause, however after talking to a fellow Simmer online, they said the same thing happens to them without any mods in.

Message 16 of 43 (1,513 Views)

Re: Sims load in different spots than where last left.

EA Staff

Hi @PolluxSims

Have you tried removing your mods and repairing the game? Do you see a different behaviour?

Does it occur in a completely mod free save?

Thank you very much! 

Message 17 of 43 (1,494 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I've noticed that the sims spawn in next to the object they were interacting with when the game last loaded. Ex. if the sim was sleeping, the sim spawns next to the bed. I've found they usually go back to doing the action (ex. getting back into bed to continue sleep) when I press play upon reloading. Occasionally, the sim does forget what it was doing (dropping the action from the queue, but it's sims -- I usually chalk that up to a reset.
Message 18 of 43 (1,482 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@SimGuruIcarusSo I tried your suggestions and I think possibly one of my mods corrupted my save (I believe it's MCCC that caused the whole thing.) I tried repairing my game and removing my entire mod folder, in a new save it seemed to work fine, even after I put my mods back in.

My current save keeps loading them standing up though, with and without mods, even when I did Save As and saved it as a new game. I'm not sure what to do next, other than starting my family over and losing the progress I already made on them.

Update: I remade my family in a new save with my mods in but no MCCC, and it's still happening, so I'm not quite sure if that was the problem at all, or if another mod is causing it, or if it's just the game itself acting up. I know that's probably not a lot of help lol.

Message 19 of 43 (1,459 Views)

Hero

@PolluxSims and they don't go back to bed on their own ? This is something that we have various threads on in various variations. Usually, especially with the beds, as @bookmaster325 said, they just go back to bed (that's something that happened from start though and is not new). Also the being at home and then going to work again is something that seems on and off (maybe it even depends on the lot ?)

This is probably the closest open thread we have on it: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Family-Sims-wake-up-when-i-leave-the-residential-lot/td-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 43 (1,412 Views)