[FIXED] Failed to Compute Cost Error Message with downsized Flat Round

by nualla_6109

Original Post

Re: 50x40 glitch in Sims 4

Hero (Retired)

I was able to reproduce this issue in my game @SimQARobo with the specific build he references (see here) on the empty 50x40 lot in the Del Sol Valley world.  Specifically, I went into the lot in build mode, placed the build from the gallery onto the lot (furnished).  It positioned in the corner of the lot, so I selected "Move Lot" to reposition it to the center.  Upon attempting to place it, the error occurred.  Same bug when placing on the 50x40 lot in Newcrest and same bug when placing unfurnished instead of furnished.  Same error on a 50x50 lot.  All in all, it appears to be a bug with the build itself.  The build was published on 11/12/18, so it's relatively new, and no doubt the builder is unaware of this problem (and probably did nothing directly to cause it).  It may be something that will crop up with other builds as well, so probably worth investigating!

Message 41 of 46 (876 Views)

★★ Novice
I just hope they patch it out so I can actually renovate Del Sol Valley lol
Message 42 of 46 (823 Views)

EA Sims Team

@Kiyomeme @BryonyRae

I see the issue now.  Thank you for the helpful info.  We'll look into it.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 43 of 46 (763 Views)

Hero

@Kiyomeme

I've merged this with the old thread in the compute error

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 46 (757 Views)

Re: circle-shape foundation

★★★ Newbie

Hey! I have been having the same issues.  I tried everything you listed and it still never works. My game will freeze after every time. 

Message 45 of 46 (735 Views)

Re: circle-shape foundation

★★ Novice
same dude, I guess we just have to wait for them to patch it out, until then the game is kinda unplayable for me...oof
Message 46 of 46 (716 Views)