[FIXED] Failed to Compute Cost Error Message with downsized Flat Round

by nualla_6109

Original Post

Re: circle-shape foundation

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue with the broken round floor. unfortunatly the 'styled room' drop didnt work for me.

any word on a fix for this yet?

Message 31 of 46 (1,068 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Failed to Compute Cost Error Message with downsized Flat Round

★ Novice

I am actually getting this same exact issue.I don't use mods or cc.  I was building a house on Brindleton Bay's largest lot and I tried to place the rounded foundation for a porch and the round edge was triangular. I attempted to move and delete it but it comes up saying "Cannot compute cost". I tried to delete it sever times, no go. I tried to place a porch over it and walls, no go. I tried to adjust the size, no go. I tried moving the whole lot and the lot got stuck outside the grid and I had to force restart the game. I tried to bulldoze the lot and the game got stuck on the loading screen for bulldozing and had to force close the game. I went to the neighborhood and tried to build a new lot on the broken one and it saying "building lot" but when it finishes the old and broken construction is still there, I attempted that several times. I tried to repair the game and that didn't work. 

Message 32 of 46 (1,024 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
This just happened to me, no possible way to delete the piece at all or move the home. I have one mod that I used about a Month ago, and the only change was possibly an update on origin. This was a new save game, so I did delete the save file and repaired the game, did not delete the mod, so wondering if I should do that and repair again. This was a rounded piece I was using.
Message 33 of 46 (899 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same problem. I don’t have any mods and have every expansion pack. This is the first time I’m using the rounded room for a while so I don’t know when it started to not work

Message 34 of 46 (870 Views)

★★ Novice

*sigh* I just ran into this issue too... My game is now being repaired but it sounds like that’s not going to do much. I placed a lot from the gallery that had a rounded porch and I tried to delete it, I tried making it bigger, I tried putting another foundation on top of it — nothing. I really hope this gets fixed soon :/ 

Message 35 of 46 (853 Views)

50x40 glitch in Sims 4

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest (as of November 13th)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go onto a 50x40 lot and try importing or rotating a lot and or bulldoze said lot
What happens when the bug occurs? An error message pops up saying "Cannot Compute Cost"
What do you expect to see? I try rotate/move a lot and it will say "Cannot Compute Cost" and revert the change if I try bulldoze it, the game freezes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed Get Famous

Yesterday I bought Get Famous and judging from the build/buy and cas items this expansion looks really cool however I have encountered (I guess) a game breaking issue. If I try to rotate a lot or import a lot from the gallery on a 50x40 lot an error message pops up saying something along the lines of "Cannot Compute Cost" I've tried everything from repairing my game and other methods I've seen on the forums however none of these have worked. I'm hoping someone from Maxis or EA see this and reports it as I cannot really play the game seeing as the majority of lots in the new expansion are 50x40 lots. I would really appreciate any help. 

Thanks.

Message 36 of 46 (978 Views)

Re: 50x40 glitch in Sims 4

Hero
Does it happen with any lot you import ?

There is this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Failed-to-Compute-Cost-Error-Message-with-downsized-Flat/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 46 (972 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

only on 50x40 lots  and none of those solutions helped me sadly 

Message 38 of 46 (948 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @Kiyomeme

I'm not able to reproduce the issue that you are describing.  Are you seeing this without mods?  (\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods folder completely empty)

If so, which lot from the Gallery were you attempting to import?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 39 of 46 (926 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I do use custom content but all of that is purely cosmetic and not game changing. Also I am trying to Import a renovated goth house made by Devon Bumpkin. However anything in general I try import onto a 50x40 lot seems to break

Message 40 of 46 (908 Views)