[FIXED] Failed to Compute Cost Error Message with downsized Flat Round

by nualla_6109

Original Post

Re: Failed to Compute Cost Error Message

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yes, I have tried all of those things. Thank you Standard smile @172e3cda00349872

Message 11 of 46 (2,299 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Same problem. I reinstalled the whole game, cleared the cache, removed mods.

Message 12 of 46 (2,277 Views)

★★★ Guide

@nualla_6109 @Jessiphero @alexmaqkekse
have you guys or gals tried saving your lot to your library, then downloading a new lot from the gallery to plop down, then bulldoze it then place your saved lot from your library back?

Message 13 of 46 (2,246 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I was able to duplicate this bug in my game.  This bug has to do with the Flat Round piece in the Walls and Empty Rooms category.  This bug is caused when you place a flat round and then resize it down.  It sometimes has the error when sized down to 2x3 and always has the error when sized down to 2x2.  In order to reproduce, size the piece down to 2x2 and then rotate it once.  After the rotation, you will be unable to rotate it further, move it, delete it, or even bulldoze the lot.  You also cannot replace the lot with another from the library.  Any time you try any of these actions, you will get "Failed to Compute Cost."  In order to recover from the error, you either need to undo the downsizing of the piece (if possible) or exit and restart the game (without saving).  I will add this bug to our build/buy index.

Message 14 of 46 (2,252 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@KC_Tipin Yes, I have...I have tried everything. That corrupted tile is there to stay. It's not a lot issue but rather a build issue, if you understand what I mean. I can upload my home (with the corrupted tile) to the gallery and place it anywhere and still have the same problem.

@BryonyRae That is great news, thanks so much!

Message 15 of 46 (2,229 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank's for looking into it, @BryonyRae! It was driving me crazy.

Sadly, I don't have any saves that go back far enough to be before the error occurred, so I guess I'm stuck with starting a new world. xD

C'est la vie. Now I know for the future.

Message 16 of 46 (2,209 Views)

Hero (Retired)

You're welcome! Standard smile  Oh, just as an FYI, please don't click on the "Accept as Solution" button for my post.  While that post explains the cause of the issue, it doesn't offer a solution, and we'll want to keep the thread open until there is one, which will likely be once EA patches the bug.

Message 17 of 46 (2,201 Views)

★ Guide

Okay, thank you Standard smile 

Message 18 of 46 (2,180 Views)

★ Novice

Hi! I have found a similar bug in my game. However, I cannot move, delete, rotate, resize or do anything with the rounded floor! I cannot bulldoze the lot, import another lot and I do not have any mods whatsoever. I have repaired the game several times and restarted my computer but nothing works! Can you help me please?

Message 19 of 46 (2,136 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Failed to Compute Cost Error Message with downsized Flat Round

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem.  I have tried everything suggested here, and then some, and nothing has worked.  When I uploaded it to my library and placed it in a different world, I still had the same problem.  I couldn't bulldoze it so I quit without saving so I would not have 2 borked lots to contend with.  This must be a new bug introduced with one of the recent updates we had, because I have never run into this problem before.  I hope someone figures out how to fix this because I was just about finished with my latest lot when this happened.  I would really hate to lose the chance to upload this lot as I have play tested it and I had a lot of fun with it.  It is a Nuclear Research Facility for scientists to hone their skills.

Message 20 of 46 (2,100 Views)