Re: Failed to Compute Cost Error Message

by Jessiphero

Original Post

[FIXED] Failed to Compute Cost Error Message with downsized Flat Round

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This just happened during a build I have been working on for several days. The highlighted box cannot be deleted. I get the "failed to compute cost" error message. I can't demolish the lot or replace it. This happens in build and live modes. I have tried using different lots and get the same results. I have repaired the game and started a new game, still the same results. I just want to finish this build Frown 

Message 3 of 46 (7,547 Views)

circle-shape foundation

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 한국어
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Maybe the newest one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I uploaded that to my library(gallary?) PLEASE HELP <<< Search this ! My name is blooossom
What happens when the bug occurs? Circle-shape foundation can not be erased, moved, or enlarged or reduced. Just stay there.
What do you expect to see? I want to erase the foundation,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

A damn circle-shape foundation !!!!
It can not be erased, moved, or enlarged or reduced.
Just say "Failed to calculate the cost"or"Error in Circle-room" in the red alert window.
Angry.
When i try to download from the gallery (for delete that damn foundation), get a long loading with a circle.And nothing happens.

Really annoying !!!!!!!!!!

I've built a house and I can not even play because of the damn foundation.

I uploaded that to my library(gallary?)

PLEASE HELP <<< Search this on ! My name is blooossom

And solve it please. 

Let me know if there is a solution.

Please understand that I am not an English user. Thank you.....

Message 1 of 46 (7,115 Views)

Re: circle-shape foundation

Hero (Retired)

@blooossom please try the following steps: 1) remove any mods/CC, 2) clear your cache, 3) repair the game via Origin, 4) start a new save, and 5) test the circular flat piece in the new save.  I'm advising this because it sounds like their may be corruption in your game, and taking the steps above should remove it.  If you still experience the issue after following these steps, please tag me by typing @BryonyRae

Message 2 of 46 (7,083 Views)

Hero
Are you using any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 46 (7,471 Views)

★ Guide

No mods.

Message 5 of 46 (7,453 Views)

★★ Pro

@nualla_6109

Have you tried to clear your game cache and delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder to help with troubleshooting.

How to Delete Cache Files
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

And/or Repair Game?
In Origin > Game Library - right-click on Sims 4 and select Repair.

Message 6 of 46 (7,446 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@nualla_6109 would you be willing to upload a test version of your build to the Gallery?  If so, just call it something like "Test Compute Cost Error" and let me know when it's available for download.

Message 7 of 46 (7,437 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Hello!

I'm not sure if Nualla has gotten back to you, but I also am having this error on one of my builds. 

I've tried repairing my game a couple of times now, and I've deleted my cache, and also deleting all other rooms on the lot to see if there's an issue with another item. It still occurs. 

Bulldozing the lot results in the game freezing.

If you'd like me to upload my build into the gallery, I'd be willing.

Message 8 of 46 (7,399 Views)

Hero
Yes, would be great if you could upload.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 46 (7,385 Views)

★ Guide

Hi, sorry just saw this reply. I have uploaded my lot "Failed to Compute Cost". Thanks for the replies!

Message 10 of 46 (7,370 Views)