Re: Facial expression getting stuck

by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] Facial expression getting stuck after shower/energized/confident

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have an issue with my sims face getting stuck on one specific expression (details in the pictures). 

This seems to occur every time my Sim takes a shower, Gets the Energized mood or the Confident mood.

Its not just my Sim any Sim in my game that does any of these 3 things has the same facial expression.

The only way I am able to temporarily fix this is to have my Sim go to sleep which is not ideal because this should not happen in the first place and I like looking at my Sims.

I have No mods, No custom CC, have repaired my game, deleted all cache and even deleted my sims 4 file in Documents/Electronic Arts. SachikOopsneeSama

on this forum http://modthesims.info/t/590187 managed to fix it some how,

but did not post the fix. What can I do to fix this it is really unsettling, I'll let the pictures speak for them selves...

Message 1 of 8 (1,654 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Facial expression getting stuck

Hero

I can kinda see what you mean on my Sim although it probably depends on the size of the eyes on how bad it is.

I'll add this for now and see if QA comes up with something

Tagging @SimGuruNick

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,603 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ya hopefully we can find a solution. The pictures don't look like it but when your sim has the same facial expression while eating...talking..reading,jogging,watching tv ect it gets really annoying. Especially considering the fact that the Sims 4 is based on emotions and features a huge array of constantly changing expressions.

Just to clarify when my Sim or any sim in my world takes a shower (any kind) Or becomes Energized/Confident, their facial expression becomes static and only changes for a few seconds before reverting back to that static animation, almost as if the static expression becomes the new base expression no matter what you do until your sim sleeps.

The expression is characterized as having an almost lazy like left eye (smaller eye like there is something in their eye or its swollen), The right eyebrow raises and the mouth becomes stuck in an almost permanent smirk. Again the only way I have fixed this is by having the Sim sleep. Traveling and loading screens do not fix the expression only sleeping does, neither does changing cloths though I still need to fully test the "Change Sim" and appearance feature as it might be another temporary fix. 

Message 3 of 8 (1,580 Views)

Hero

Hm, 

I did see a slightly smaller right eye but not a static facial expression

Could you maybe PM the person at MTS to ask how they solved the issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,571 Views)

★★ Novice

They haven't been active since they posted their last reply 

Message 5 of 8 (1,566 Views)

★★ Novice

But I will PM them, hopefully they can help

Message 6 of 8 (1,560 Views)

Hero

Added for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (1,505 Views)

Hero

@ReclusiveEagle Is this still an issue for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,298 Views)