Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Face Bug Eyes and mouth

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.97.42
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Download any sims from the gallery into CAS. All previously created sims in Save files are effected as well
What happens when the bug occurs? All previously created sims have a face bug. The eyes and mouth look weird. The eyes look mishappen and the pupils are really big. The mouth has a weird underbite to it. Even resetting the face with new eye presets doesn't fix the problem. This only affect previously created sims. If you create a new sim the bug doesn't occur.
What do you expect to see? My Sims faces to be normal
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch April 18, 2023

The first photo is the before the patch, the second is after. I did test this in completely vanilla and with completely vanilla sims and the issue is still there. This is not mod related.

Edit By Crinrict: Added actual Base Game Version Number, added tag

Message 2 of 454 (84,327 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Face Bug Eyes and mouth

Community Manager

Hey all, 

Final update: This issue along with the removed "Loose Tooth" interaction are now resolved with the release of today's patch.

Thank you for your patience while these issues were investigated, this thread will be closed shortly. 

EACade

View in thread

Message 450 of 454 (16,766 Views)

All Replies

why do my sims all have big eyes and small lips that I can't change?

★★★ Newbie

I played the sims last night and everything was fine with my game. Today when I opened it, they all have creepy faces with big eyes and small mouths and I cannot change anything in cas. I have removed all my mods as well as deleted the game and reinstalled it. What is wrong and how can I fix it?

Message 1 of 454 (70,474 Views)

Re: Face Bug Eyes and mouth

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

here is on my self-sim

you can see: 

eyes become crossed and sunken

mouth becomes parted

frame becomes thinner

same is true of all sims, just wanted to share an easy-to-view example

(she is never modded or CC'd)

edited to add (thanks to amanda-amethyst!) that the sims also have "squashed" teeth, for example this is the teeth with a gap

Untitled.png

Message 3 of 454 (84,279 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes! I'm definitely experiencing this as well, couldn't tell at first if I was seeing things. The eyes appear to have moved further back into the head or something, because I can see more "eyelid" above the eye when viewed at a three-quarter angle.

Hope this is fixed ASAP - all of my sims just look... off.

Message 4 of 454 (84,237 Views)

Re: why do my sims all have big eyes and small lips that I can't change?

★★★★★ Expert

Check this Bug Report

Face-Bug-Eyes-and-mouth 

If is this one click Me too in the first page.

Message 5 of 454 (70,452 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

On a new save which has never been touched by mods or cc, this is Eric Lewis.Screenshot 2023-04-18 185540.png

ETA: also this Screenshot 2023-04-18 191129.png

Message 6 of 454 (84,184 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I’m having this issue too. With custom sliders your sims mouths are actually transparent (have no texture) from inside. So far, I have found out that Luumia’s height presets are broken. But custom sliders only exacerbate the issue, it is still present in vanilla.

Message 7 of 454 (84,156 Views)

★★ Guide
@masunka77 Actually, every single sims’s mouth is now lacking texture from inside.
Message 8 of 454 (84,134 Views)

★★ Guide

Sorry for the quality, but I think it’s still visible enough.

Message 9 of 454 (84,085 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

It doesn't afflict all my sims, but some do. They suddenly seem to suffer from strabismus.

strabism.jpg

Message 10 of 454 (83,873 Views)