[OPEN] Eyeglasses look like sunglasses (Laptop Mode)

by juspyke

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Eyeglasses look like sunglasses (Laptop Mode)

★★★ Novice

I am also dealing with this issue. Tried turning on and off laptop mode, problem still persists. When laptop mode is off, the glasses on the Sim itself will appear as they should, but the portrait in the corner still has the glitch.

Screenshot_740.png

Message 21 of 58 (2,720 Views)

Re: Glasses not showing properly

★★★ Novice
@DonroaAkashu Done that.
Message 22 of 58 (2,711 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Eyeglasses look like sunglasses (Laptop Mode)

Hero
@crystalofcn Could you try deleting the localthumbcache file ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 58 (2,681 Views)

Glasses have black lens - how to fix?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.771.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs: All expect Snowy Escape Game packs: All expect Journey to Batuu Stuff packs: Paranormal, Tiny Living, My First Pet, Bowling Night, Backyard, Kids Room, Movie Hangout, Spooky, and Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Tried other glasses to see if the specific glasses were the glitching issue culprit, tried other hairstyles and colors. Worked unsuccessfully.
What happens when the bug occurs? The glasses my played sim is wearing, the actual lens part turns black and looks like sunglasses. Issues show in their little icon of lists of people they know, pictures, and in their icon on the left. Only happens with sims I'm currently playing with. The issue doesn't come up w/ NPC's or sims I'm not controlling atm. Not an issue in CAS either.
What do you expect to see? Glasses have clear lenses.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Attached is screenshots of my sim and of Cassandra Goth wearing the exact same pair of glasses

Message 24 of 58 (2,577 Views)

Re: Glasses have black lens - how to fix?

Hero
@leylowlow I merged your post. It's a laptop mode issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 58 (2,565 Views)

Glasses bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, Seasons and Get together.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? during gameplay.
What happens when the bug occurs? When i have wear normal glasses for my sim self in CAS it was normal, but after i was done and was playing the glasses turned black like sunglasses.
What do you expect to see? That the glasses turn to normal and maybe more round glasses, that would be appreciating.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The glasses bug happend probably in august, i reported the bug but it didn't help at all.

I still have that glasses bug probably since agust. that in the gameplay my normal glasses shades turns black like sunglasses, but when i go to CAS it looks normal.

Message 26 of 58 (2,406 Views)

Re: Glasses bug

Hero
@ChakaiB I merged your post. It's a laptop mode issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 58 (2,361 Views)

Eyeglasses BUG

★★ Novice

Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I've got them all installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put eyeglasses on in CAS mode and then go to live mode
What happens when the bug occurs? When you switch to live mode, the eyeglasses turn into sunglasses
What do you expect to see? When in CAS you put glasses in your sims and when you switch to live mode is expected for the glasses to stay the same
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I'm styling my sims I put eyeglasses on CAS but when I go to live mode all of them turn into sunglasses

Message 28 of 58 (2,245 Views)

Re: Glasses bug

★ Guide
@crinrict I've had laptop mode on for years and it's never happened to me until today.
It's fine in CAS but when I load in they're sunglasses.
Message 29 of 58 (1,985 Views)

glasses are blacked out

★★★ Newbie

All glasses in my game appear blacked out. (even glasses worn by townies) The frames will appear as normal but the see through bit is black. I've repaired the game and turned off laptop mode. (I play on high graphics settings with laptop mode usually.) Turning off laptop mode only effected the in-game model, that now has have see through glasses but the moodlet icon at the bottom still has the glasses blacked out. This has to be a bug that I can't fix. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 30 of 58 (1,862 Views)