[OPEN] Eyeglasses look like sunglasses (Laptop Mode)

by juspyke

Original Post

[OPEN] Eyeglasses look like sunglasses (Laptop Mode)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EXCEPT the following stuff packs: Nifty Knitting, Moshino, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Romantic Garden, Spooky Stuff, and Luxury Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Regular gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I select any pair of eyeglasses for my Sim to wear in CAS, and in Live mode the lenses are blacked out like sunglasses.
What do you expect to see? I expect a pair of eyeglasses to not look like sunglasses.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since the last update this has been occuring. My game updated on July 28th and this has been occurring since.

I select any pair of eyeglasses for my Sim to wear in CAS (accessed through Create A Household or Plan Outfit, Change Sim, Edit Household, I tried them all just to be sure), and when I enter Live Mode, the lenses are blacked out and they look like sunglasses. They have the same frame style as the eyeglasses I choose, but the lenses are black. This happens with every frame style and has been carrying over across seasons, weather (it's not some cool update to have transition lenses), and outfits/outfit categories.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 58 (29,919 Views)

Re: Eyeglasses look like sunglasses

Hero
@juspyke Are you using laptop mode ?

Have you tried repairing your game through Origin yet ?

This comes up every now and then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 58 (29,860 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I repaired my game and turned off laptop mode. My Sim no longer has blacked-out lenses in actual gameplay during Live mode, but her portrait/avatar in the bottom left still displays the dark lenses.
Message 3 of 58 (29,819 Views)

Hero
@juspyke Try trashing the localthumbcache file.

Does come back if you turn on laptop mode again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 58 (29,796 Views)

Glasses Blacked-Out on Child Sims

★ Novice

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University Tiny Living Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a child sim with glasses
What happens when the bug occurs? Glasses lenses blackout
What do you expect to see? glasses lenses would be see-through
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure if this is true of toddlers, but glasses are working on my adult sims but none of the children.

Message 5 of 58 (29,665 Views)

Re: Glasses Blacked-Out on Child Sims

Hero
@celfenton That's interesting that it's just children for you.

Do you have laptop mode on ?

I merged this with the existing thread on black glasses

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 58 (29,635 Views)

Glasses aren't see through bug

★★★ Newbie

I have attached an image as a file to help explain this issue. Basically, when my active household are wearing glasses the see-through texture turns black so they kinda look like sunnies, yet, when other sims wear them they appear normal. This bug comes up with all glasses from cas. 

(I have zero mods installed, and currently have no cc in-game)

Message 7 of 58 (29,628 Views)

Glasses turned to sunglasses

★★★ Novice

Idk how this happened but almost of the glasses that I put on my sims become sunglasses or blacked out in live mode. Everything is fine in cas but sometimes they black out in live mode. I keep looking for ways to fix it and the most I saw was a patch in 2015 but apparently it’s broken again. Maybe it’s only me but I’m still confused. 

Message 8 of 58 (29,404 Views)

Re: Glasses Blacked-Out on Child Sims

★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue with children only. I turned off laptop mode and now the actual child sim has regular glasses but her icon at the bottom shows dark glasses still. 

Message 9 of 58 (29,279 Views)

sims 4 glasses glitch

★★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? snowy escape, parenthood, seasons, spa day, and a whole bunch of others
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? it's in-game during live mode
What happens when the bug occurs? regular glasses turn into sunglasses (base game and expansion pack)
What do you expect to see? non-sunglasses should stay that way
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sims glasses have turned to sunglasses when in-game. Everything is fine in CAS but the minute I go into live mode they blackout on the screen and in the UI. It's weird but this only happens a couple of times and I don't know how to fix it. sometimes they're fine but other times they blackout. This also happens with my CC eyelashes, they clump up in some games but are fine in the next save. I've tried preparing the game and uninstalling it all together but nothing seems to work. I do know about laptop mode but it slows down my game and the blacked-out glasses still show up in the UI. I hope this gets fixed in a new patch but I've tried asking for help on Twitter but no one's gotten back to me. 

Message 10 of 58 (29,085 Views)