Re: Eyeglasses look like sunglasses

by sibby410

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Eyeglasses look like sunglasses (Laptop Mode)

★ Novice

This happens to me when I play in Laptop mode. Once laptop mode is disabled the glasses are normal again. 

Message 41 of 58 (916 Views)

Clear glasses appear as sunglasses

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.129.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get together, get to work, outdoor retreat, laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With laptop mode enabled, put any clear glasses on sims and they will appear to be sunglasses in live mode
What happens when the bug occurs? Clear glasses appear as sunglasses on sims
What do you expect to see? The glasses to appear clear
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This does not happen when laptop mode is off, but some players need to have laptop mode enabled to play the game, and this is a very annoying bug

Message 42 of 58 (848 Views)

Re: Clear glasses appear as sunglasses

★★★ Newbie

i tried turning off laptop mode to fix it for myself and my lenses still appear black on my sim's icons. the game is also super laggy now. is there no other way to fix this than turn off laptop mode?

Message 43 of 58 (795 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Eyeglasses look like sunglasses (Laptop Mode)

★ Guide

I just want to say me too... I almost never give my Sims glasses. But it occurs in my household now. Also can't really go off laptop mode. 

Message 44 of 58 (667 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you turn laptop mode on/off and how do you repair the game in origin?

Message 45 of 58 (642 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Go to game options in the Sims 4, you should already be on "Graphics" and laptop mode is on the bottom right. To repair your game just go on origin. click on Sims 4, then click on the settings and there should be a repair option. It kind of takes a while but it will let you know when it's done repairing :D

Message 46 of 58 (622 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This still happens. You’re telling me the only options are having no sims that wear glasses or have a super laggy game (which is what happens when i turn off laptop mode). This is such a dumb glitch i imagine it cannot be that hard to fix, EA. I’ve also noticed that fish in fish bowls and tanks do not show up in laptop mode. FIX THE LAPTOP MODE STUFF. Does anyone know ANY workaround for this? I need to be in laptop mode because i play on a laptop but i want my sims to wear glasses without them looking like shades. Please help. 

Message 47 of 58 (553 Views)

Eco Lifestyle glasses glitch after infants patch

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Growing Together, Cottage Living, Snowy Escape Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work. Dream Home Decorator, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat. Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS put the glasses from eco lifestyle on sim. Then go into live mode focus camera on sim, then zoom out. The problem gets worse the further away from the sim that the camera goes.
What happens when the bug occurs? A black line appears on the glasses either side of the sims nose and the more you zoom out the worse it gets until they look complete blacked out like sunglasses.
What do you expect to see? Glasses functioning normally without looking like sunglasses
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Appeared after the infants patch, I removed all mods, cleared the cache and repaired the game but the issue still occurs.

Sorry the pictures aren't very clear, you have to zoom in quite a lot to see the problem.

The problem only seems to occur with the eco lifestyle glasses.

Message 48 of 58 (551 Views)

Re: Eco Lifestyle glasses glitch after infants patch

Hero
@Emi1yH Do you have laptop mode on ? Does it matter which swatch you use ? Currently a bit hazy in my game but from what I can tell they look fine for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 58 (540 Views)

Re: Eco Lifestyle glasses glitch after infants patch

★ Apprentice

@crinrict 

Yes I currently have laptop mode on (I'll try it without) and yes the problem is with every swatch.

Thanks

Message 50 of 58 (533 Views)