Re: [OPEN] Eyeglasses look like sunglasses (Laptop Mode)

by Harpanini

Original Post

Re: glasses are blacked out

Hero
@esarcher I merged your post with the main thread. Usually turning off laptop mode fixes it completely but have you tried turning it off and then deleting your cache files ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 58 (1,381 Views)

Sims Glasses turn into Sun glasses when skin is darkened

★★★★ Novice

Hi I'm Mia! This is the first time I'm reporting a bug in the Sims 4 game so please don't judge me. Anyway I was creating a sim with a dark skin tone and put some glasses on her in CAS but when I got into live mode the lenses in her glasses went pitch black. I assumed it was my mods so I turned them off to see but the lenses were still fully black. I put the same glasses with the same color on a different sim with a lighter skin tone and the glasses were normal in live mode. So turns out when a sim has a darker skin ton the lenses turn black but if they have a lighter skin tone the lenses stay normal.(There should be a picture showing the two sims attached to this message btw).

Now I did figure out that this issue could sort of be fixed by turning off laptop mode but sometimes would still on the sim at the bottom left of the screen that shows the moodlets. Plus I kind of need laptop mode in order to play the sims properly without lag. Is there another way to fix this? If so please tell me because it's starting to get pretty annoying.

Thank you for reading my message and have a great day! :D

Sincerely, Mia

Message 32 of 58 (1,345 Views)

Re: sims 4 glasses glitch

★★★ Newbie

not on my main ea account here, but i have EXACTLY the same problem. even the eyelashes thing 

it’s really annoying and i can’t seem to find a fix 

Message 33 of 58 (1,223 Views)

Re: sims 4 glasses glitch

★★★★ Novice

My research on the glasses situation is telling me that this has been going on for some years now. I also contacted someone named Dan from EA on twitter to let them know of the glitch. They were very nice :3. But out of all of the glitches this glasses one definitely gets on my nerves. And turning laptop mode off makes everything lag for me. Also, what's happening to your sims eyelashes :o ?!

Message 34 of 58 (1,187 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Eyeglasses look like sunglasses (Laptop Mode)

★★★ Newbie

This glitch has occurred off an on for a while now (maybe like a year?) I deleted the localthumbcache and I can't turn off laptop mode because it will overheat my laptop :/ 

Message 35 of 58 (1,124 Views)

Re: Frameless glasses lenses appear black instead of clear

★★ Apprentice

Although this thread is very old I wanted to say that I still encountered this issue today and ask if there is any kind of work around. (I play on my laptop, steam version)

Message 36 of 58 (1,103 Views)

Re: Frameless glasses lenses appear black instead of clear

Hero
@schwarnoo Moved your post to a more current one

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 58 (1,080 Views)

Wide framed glasses appear as sunglasses

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.92.145.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? every pack except batuu and bust the dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go to into cas and put the wide framed glasses on your sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? they act as sunglasses when they are regular eye glasses
What do you expect to see? them to be regular eye glasses
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. it happened after the newest game update from 10/13/22

i provided two images of the glitch. 

Message 38 of 58 (990 Views)

Re: Wide framed glasses appear as sunglasses

★ Guide

all the glasses actually do it. I just switched the glasses on my sim and they did the same thing. 

Message 39 of 58 (989 Views)

Re: Wide framed glasses appear as sunglasses

Hero
@TheSpaark I merged your post with the existing thread on this but to be sure: Are you using laptop mode ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 58 (941 Views)