Glasses turning into sunglasses (again)

by dejajune

Original Post

Glasses turning into sunglasses (again)

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With laptop mode on, put clear glasses on adult sim in CAS. Will appear as sunglasses in gameplay.
What happens when the bug occurs? Adult sims with transparent glasses appear to be wearing dark sunglasses. Resolved when turning off laptop mode but this causes severe lag.
What do you expect to see? Glasses should be transparent in gameplay if they are transparent in CAS.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have seen that this has been an issue in the past and tried the previous fix of turning off laptop mode and repairing the game in origin. This did resolve the glasses issue but I am playing on a laptop (already with low graphics quality) and this made my game lag so much it was too frustrating to continue gameplay. I just want my sims to be able to wear glasses as a laptop user. Please help!

Message 11 of 58 (3,457 Views)

Re: Glasses turning into sunglasses (again)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This happens to me in one particular save file with all age groups (adults, teens, children, and toddlers) and almost all of the glasses. Things look fine in CAS, but as soon as I go to Live Mode the glasses look like sunglasses. I say "almost" all glasses because I did have one child for which a particular pair of glasses rendered normally, but that same pair of glasses did not render correctly on a different child, nor could the first lucky child wear a different pair of glasses.

I have another save file in which my Sim (adult female)'s glasses appear to be rendering normally. I have not tested any of the other Sims or other pairs of glasses in this save file yet out of fear of breaking these ones that are working.

am playing on a laptop, but I have tried lots of different graphics settings with no obvious solution. I've also tried repairing the game through Origin and deleting the localthumbcache file.

Message 12 of 58 (3,365 Views)

Re: Eyeglasses look like sunglasses

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this same issue as well. I am playing on a laptop (Mac), and I've taken all the steps suggested. Turning off laptop mode did remove the dark tint from my UI image, but my sim is still appears wearing (sun)glasses. This is a new bug for me and started with the latest update. 

Edit: The fix was short lived. As soon as she changed outfits the problem returned. Her glasses appear as sunglasses both on her person and in the UI image. So far, no solutions. 

Message 13 of 58 (3,334 Views)

Glasses in cas turn to sunglasses in game

★★★★★ Novice

Choose normal glasses in cas and then in gameplay there are black lenses is game 

Message 14 of 58 (3,282 Views)

Re: Glasses in cas turn to sunglasses in game

Message 15 of 58 (3,267 Views)

Re: Glasses in cas turn to sunglasses in game

★★★★★ Novice
@DonroaAkashu Yes thanks, I just clicked ‘me too’ and it still happens after game repair. Hope it can be looked at in an update
Message 16 of 58 (3,255 Views)

Glasses not showing properly

★★★ Novice

No mods, just playing the game on PC, this shouldn't be an issue. Basically if my Sims are wearing certain accessories  (in my case, glasses) the glass of the frames will be darkened as if they are wearing sunglasses based on some other item of clothing they are wearing. Doesn't matter what frame of glasses I wear, the frames will glitch.

Message 17 of 58 (3,246 Views)

Re: Glasses not showing properly

Champion (Retired)

@crystalofcn 

Do you have laptop mode turned on? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 18 of 58 (3,228 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@crystalofcn  The issue has a bug report in the bug forum, with only 15 Me Too's. If you want it fixed, click Me Too and post in the thread to resurface it.

Message 19 of 58 (3,202 Views)

★★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen tested it with both laptop mode on and off, problem still persists. for what it's worth, when laptop mode is OFF the sim in game has the clear sunglasses, but the portrait in the corner unfortunately still has the glitch.
Message 20 of 58 (3,186 Views)