[FIXED] External Garbage Cans filling up without needed lot Trait

by MapleSimmer

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] External Garbage Cans filling up without Eco Lifestyle

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@SqueamishNerdIt doesn't help in my game either, and I do have Eco Lifestyle. Doesn't prevent the issue when at home, and currently having the issue on a rental lot as well - rummaging does nothing.

I've tried resetting (debug) outdoor trash cans, and I have a mod that prevents NAPs from being applied globally (which has been the root of other bugs with the constant baking and herbalism, etc.) - so I'm not sure what else can be done other than constantly deleting the outdoor cans or using the NanoCan. 

@greatabandon "I do have EL installed, but I started noticing this bug right after the June 3rd patch, and it simply persisted when EL released."

Exactly! This is key and explains why it's impacting people without the pack, too.

Message 41 of 153 (4,653 Views)

Trash piling up in trash cans without eco lot trait

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Eco
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Placing and filling trash can on residential lot
What happens when the bug occurs? When sims take out trash to residential trash can
What do you expect to see? Trash not piling up at all without Eco installed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 3rd patch..?

Haven’t reinstalled Eco yet. Trash is piling up without Eco reinstalled. Each time sims take out trash it gets worse. I’m not sure what to do without replacing the trash can every time it becomes like this.

Message 42 of 153 (4,610 Views)

Re: Trash piling up in trash cans without eco lot trait

★★ Pro

There happens to be a thread on this. If you wouldn't mind giving it a me too, that would be appreciated. Standard smile https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-External-Garbage-Cans-filling-up-without-needed-lot-Trait... 

Message 43 of 153 (4,574 Views)

Re: Trash piling up in trash cans without eco lot trait

Hero
@iamoz96 I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 153 (4,564 Views)

Re: [OPEN] External Garbage Cans filling up without needed lot Trait

★★★★ Expert

I've had the same problem.

If you have testing cheats enabled, you can shift-click on the bin and Reset or click on "Trashcan State" and "Set Trashcan Empty". That's the fastest way to clear it.

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 45 of 153 (4,548 Views)

Re: [OPEN] External Garbage Cans filling up without Eco Lifestyle

★★★★ Guide

/push

Message 46 of 153 (4,475 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I’m having this issue as well on Xbox. I told myself to Google this and it brought me here. 

Message 47 of 153 (4,371 Views)

How to Empty Outdoor Trash Bins?

★★★ Newbie

My sims bring their garbage from the trash cans inside into two trash bins outside. Once the bins outside are full, an "uncomfortable" pop up shows up. I assume this means that the trash bins are full because I can also see trash protruding from them at the bottom of the bin, but I cannot click on the trash bins or empty them. Its just annoying and I was wondering if there was a way to empty the trash bins or what other people do if they have this problem.

Message 48 of 153 (4,282 Views)

@tessbeauc  I've merged your post into the master bug thread for this issue.  Please feel free to click Me Too on the first post, and add any other info you find relevant.  You can also keep an eye on this thread for updates.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 49 of 153 (4,256 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I haven't been playing for a while but since the patch, it happens to me too. I don't have the new pack so it seems tied to the patch.

Message 50 of 153 (4,078 Views)