Re: [OPEN] External Garbage Cans filling up without needed lot Trait

by Lumiasta

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I've posted this problem on the Sims Community, nothings working at all. Isn't there a way to contact the developers about this problem? It's driving me nuts! >.<

Message 121 of 153 (971 Views)

★★ Guide

Same here. I do have Eco Lifestyle bought and installed, and until now had played only households who want to recycle and dumpster dive, so been using a lot Reduce and Recycle lot trait. Now I'm playing a household that doesn't recycle and definitely not dumpster dive, I have zero lot traits in their house, and the outdoors garbage bins begin to overflow. Same in the restaurant they own. The eco lifestyle dumpster (used it for the restaurant) has dumpster diving options, the regular ones kick option.

Message 122 of 153 (933 Views)

★★ Pro
@MapleSimmer since there is no "Me too" button I'll just have to reply that I have the exact same problem. I have all the packs except Eco lifestyle and all my outdoor garbage bins are filling up until they overflow and then I have to delete them and buy new ones. This can happen within 2 sim days so it's getting very tedious to keep replacing them.
Message 123 of 153 (905 Views)

Re: [OPEN] External Garbage Cans filling up without Eco Lifestyle

★★★ Novice

Another thing I’ve found to work, IF you have the university pack, is to use the garbage chute instead of trash bins. It has to be placed inside, but it hasn’t overflowed on me yet. You do have to use inside trash bins as well. I’ve switched them out in all my homes. Wish I had a better solution! 

happy simming all!

Message 124 of 153 (883 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@siirysiir If you don’t have Discover University, and I expect the trash chute from City Livibg would also work the same way, another suggestion to avoid the overflowing outdoor trash bins is to use a nano trash can inside as they never need to be emptied. 

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 125 of 153 (876 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the exact same issue, I do not have any expansion packs so I don't think the issue could be related there. Every time it fills up I just sell it and buy a new one again. It's not a hassle, just annoying that it hasn't been fixed yet.

Message 126 of 153 (718 Views)

★ Guide

One bug after the other, yeah I noticed this one too. Just like previous Simmers, I have to buy a new trash every time it gets too full because my Sims are all getting a bad moodlet after this. I have mods and CCs but as I can see it's not related so I might try and buy the trash chute as some people suggested and keep that automatic trash can so it cleans on its own. Until it gets fixed, if it does since they recently fixed a logged error; 

Message 127 of 153 (693 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@smartyfoot81 and @EriSims974 - If you have testing cheats on, you can "shift-click" on your garbage can and set the state to empty. It's a lifesaving workaround, that I found thanks to @SheriGR 

Message 128 of 153 (671 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] External Garbage Cans filling up without Eco Lifestyle

★★★ Newbie
@Tenmei it's the same even if you have just base game and a game pack.
Message 129 of 153 (654 Views)

★ Guide
@Simming_Spoonie I'll try, thanks. I mean I have MCCC so by default it's kind of on but I'll enter the cheat to see if it works, thank you for the tip Standard smile
Message 130 of 153 (630 Views)