Re: [OPEN] External Garbage Cans filling up without Eco Lifestyle

by cornflake89

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I'm also having the same problem, trash cans overflowing, no way to empty them, and sims getting "dirty surroundings" moodlet because of it. All I can do is delete & replace it in buy mode. I do use a few mods, mainly for autonomy control & clothing, none have anything to do with trash cans or the latest pack.

Message 11 of 153 (5,577 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have the same problem too and trash that is left on the ground is impossible for the sims to throw away. They can only put it in their inventory and there it builds up. It says compost so I guess this has something to do with us missing a compost function from the eco expansion, is that right?

Message 12 of 153 (5,574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@kmcrain Those of us who are having this problem obviously don't have that pack. We shouldn't be having a negative impact to our game just because we don't have it

Message 13 of 153 (5,490 Views)

★★ Novice

No need to get snippy. I didn’t create the problem 🤷‍♀️ Just commenting on what fixed it for me. This post came up through a google search. Didn’t realize everyone in the thread didn’t have the pack. Hopefully they’ll have a fix for it soon!

Message 14 of 153 (5,469 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ive been having this issue ever since last updates but am on ps4 not pc 🙂

Message 15 of 153 (5,450 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

The only work around I've discovered is to rummage for bits and pieces in the indoor trash can. It immediately becomes empty.

Message 16 of 153 (5,400 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@cornflake89Can't be done for the ones who don't have Eco Lifestyle.

Message 17 of 153 (5,394 Views)

Outdoor Garbage Cans Not Bottomless/Reduce Recycle trait NOT applied to lot

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.115.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take out the indoor trash a few times. The outdoor can overflows and cannot be emptied. I keep having to sell it and buy a new one. Lot traits are Geothermal/Study Spot/Fast Internet and shouldn't be causing this.
What happens when the bug occurs? Trash overflows, sims get upset about dirty surroundings. No interaction available when clicking can except children can look for discarded toys. I have to sell the can and buy a new one. Tried putting it into household's inventory and putting it back; it comes back out still overflowing.
What do you expect to see? A bottomless can w/o garbage visible.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 4th update/installed Eco Living (not sure if it would've happened w/o EL but guessing not).

It's frustrating since I have to stay on top of it and can't benefit from it, but actually have to sell it and buy a new can every time. 

Message 18 of 153 (5,360 Views)

Re: Outdoor Garbage Cans Not Bottomless/Reduce Recycle trait NOT applied to lot

★ Guide

This has been happening to me and I don't even have eco lifestyle

Message 19 of 153 (5,337 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same problem here. No mods, don't have eco lifestyle, same game version / platform / language, and am on a residential lot in Newcrest.

Message 20 of 153 (5,266 Views)