Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Expire Date on food vanishes when put in fridge/ Travelling

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, StrangerVille, My First Pet Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim make food, put it in a refrigerator, and then leave the lot and come back.
What happens when the bug occurs? The food does not have an expiration date and, seemingly, does not expire.
What do you expect to see? An expiration date on the food, where it expires after a set amount of days after being in the fridge.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It only started happening after the June 3rd patch.  Every time I have a Sim make food and then leave and come back, the food does not expire.  This seems like it would be a good thing but it's a little frustrating and the clutter is insane now, with all my Sims cooking all the time.  I removed all my CC/mods and tried again, it seemed to still happen.  Is this a problem for anyone else?

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title, Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 33 (8,212 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Expire Date on food vanishes when put in fridge/ Travelling

Hero

Ever wish your food didn’t expire? I know I do, especially when it comes to traveling and
coming back to see a fridge in pristine condition, that is a dream… but alas, it is not
meant to be in life or in Sims. Fixed an issue in which traveling didn’t let food expire.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 33 of 33 (3,943 Views)

All Replies

Re: Food Won't Expire

Hero
@ninom3000 Does it matter what Sim makes the food ? Has the Sim max out the cooking aspiration ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 33 (8,142 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No, neither of my Sims in my current household have the cooking aspiration or level 10 cooking.  Both of them make food and then the expiration date disappears when the lot is reloaded.  I also tried ordering a pizza to see if the same thing would happen and it did.

Message 3 of 33 (8,138 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ninom3000 I can duplicate this. Seems the new inventory stuff is killing the timer.

EDIT: Didn't test that but does it also disappear when you leave the lot and leave it out ?

Also, is it a visual issue or does it never expire ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 33 (8,135 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I haven't tried leaving it out, but I can try that.  And as far as I can tell, it never expires; the only time I get the option to "Clean Out Spoiled Food" is when one of my Sims eats the last of a piece of food and there's an empty plate in the fridge.

Message 5 of 33 (8,101 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict An there is something even weirder about this glitch. I had a sunlight resistance drink that I put on the fridge, and afterwards Sims where could no longer finish the drink. Its last forever, I could inmunise all my vampires with just one drink, because its neverending and inmortal
Message 6 of 33 (8,098 Views)

Hero
@AvePlumosa that made me laugh. But seems something is def up with the timers :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 33 (8,077 Views)

Re: [PLEASE READ] Information/Questions about the bug forum

★★ Apprentice

Also in addition to the balcony glitch I’ve noticed that majority of the food my sins cook that goes in to the fridge ceases to have an expiry. Some foods present the countdown timer to spoiled, however majority stay forever. I’m not mad because it totally saves my sim having to throw food out after a while but I’m assuming this is a bug and not an update to the gameplay?

Message 8 of 33 (8,043 Views)

Re: [PLEASE READ] Information/Questions about the bug forum

★ Apprentice

For me it's not just on food in the fridge. I've seen this also on the Tea Magic Personal Brewer.  The tea pot was spoiled and needed cleaning out, my Sim left her lot, and when she came back the tea was no longer spoiled and the timer for it to spoil was reset.  

Message 9 of 33 (7,983 Views)

Infinite, everlasting food?

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to work, Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampire, Spa Day, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim cook something, then drag it into the fridge and let the 'get leftovers', or drag food out of the fridge onto a counter.
What happens when the bug occurs? The food suddenly won't spoil anymore, but it also becomes an infinite meal occasionally,meaning there's no progress in eating the food, causing sims to eat infinitely if not cancelled by hand.
What do you expect to see? Food spoiling normally (unless prepared with the perk) and food being eaten with its normal progress.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The Eco Lifestyle preparation-patch and hotfix

Since the EL preparation patch, I noticed something odd with food:

Sometimes it stops spoiling (loses it spoiling timer) when put in a fridge (none of my sims has the cooking trait achieved) and sometimes when I get a sim to Get Leftovers they will eat infinitely if I don't cancel things. The meal then doesn't get smaller and there's no progress bar for the eating action anymore.

Message 10 of 33 (7,981 Views)