Re: Sims use their phones all the time now

by Zasz_Zerg

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Excessive use of Cell Phone while walking

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except packs as of ones out on 7/26/2022. Do not own any of kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game. All Sims will constantly pull out their cell phones using it and walk long distances. Sims do this constantly no matter what they are doing
What happens when the bug occurs? All Sims will constantly pull out their cell phones using it and walk long distances. Sims do this constantly no matter what they are doing
What do you expect to see? I expect to NOT see my Sims constantly pulling out their cell phones to look at them. They do it way too much, like every other second. It's very annoying. They did not do this before the July 26th update. I do not want them doing this anymore.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never have used Mods or CC in my Sims 4 game.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, after release of Patch 1.90.358.1030 - never had issue prior to this patch.

Message 11 of 57 (2,248 Views)

Re: Phone Addiction Bug

Hero
@daikoyu Interesting. Haven't seen mine using it at all. Maybe it's other factors then ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 57 (2,230 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Excessive use of Cell Phone while walking

★ Guide

I have this problem too. It's kind of ruining the game for me. When walking, the sim is often checking the cell phone. When talking, the sim checks cell phone. The sim is always checking the cell phone! I haven't tried yet, I bet when doing proposal to get married, the other sim will check the cell phone! I really hope they fix this.

Message 13 of 57 (2,171 Views)

Always Using Cell Phone During Interactions

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All!
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get two sims to interact by talking. Go to a restaurant and try and have a romantic evening. Etc...
What happens when the bug occurs? Whether it's talking, going out to a restaurant, etc the sims are always pulling out that phone!
What do you expect to see? No more sims pulling out phones when they are talking with each other or when sims are trying to have a romantic evening in the restaurant together and other similar situations etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is not related to the sims using their phones excessively while walking, so I decided to make a specific topic about it. Whether sims are talking to each other or going out on a romantic date together to a restaurant etc, they are excessively using their phones. These are only some examples that I've tested. I'm sure the issue will happen with other situations like proposing and maybe even marriage etc. This is ruining the seriousness of romantic dates at restaurants and ruining engaging conversations between the sims etc, and this is going to affect my sims story badly. It's also getting irritating to see that phone popping out so often! Please do something about this.

EDIT:

They also take out their phones when they are in the middle of dancing.

Message 14 of 57 (2,172 Views)

Sims always using cellphones while chatting and walking

★★ Guide

My Sims are always using their cellphones while chatting with another Sim thus causing a delay in their conversations. Also they're constantly on the cellphone while walking anywhere. This is getting very annoying.

Message 15 of 57 (2,101 Views)

Re: Sims always using cellphones while chatting and walking

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yeah it's pretty irritating. It also ruins the romantic aspect of the game. Nothing like getting two sims to go on a nice romantic date only for the moment to be ruined by cell phones!

Message 16 of 57 (2,028 Views)

Sims use their phones all the time now

★★★ Guide

Today I checked out the patch, havent bought the new expansion yet. But what instantly stands out for me is that my sims use their phones practically every 30 seconds when they have their hands free regardless what they do. Walking from one end to the other side of the house, right in the middle of a conversation and so on. Is this intended?

I hope this isnt intended because there are playstyles that shun such intrusive mechanics.

Message 17 of 57 (2,003 Views)

Hero
@Zasz_Zerg I merged your post with the bug report :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 57 (1,968 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

LittleSam offers a mod that fixes this. At least until the devs offer an official fix.

Message 19 of 57 (1,950 Views)

★★ Apprentice

What can us consoles players do in the meantime? Because I have no access to mods.

Message 20 of 57 (1,933 Views)