by unseenlarks

Original Post

Re: Excessive hugging

Hero

Added to unsure list for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 65 (2,387 Views)

Sims stand and hug or wave before socializing

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them as of 12/15/17
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have family or friends sit together.
What happens when the bug occurs? Social interactions that used to execute without moving now cause them to stand up and hug before they will talk. Even if they are across or next to each other.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to stay where they are when socializing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Pets patch

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All as if 12/15/17
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have family sit together
What happens when the bug occurs? Whether sitting at a table together or on couch, even if they are sitting directly across from each other, certain social interactions cause them to get up and hug before socializing with each other and I am not talking about the socialization options that have steps requiring them to move.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to stay seated and be able to eat and watch tv etc...while having conversation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The pets patch

Message 12 of 65 (2,364 Views)

Re: Sims stand and hug or wave before socializing

Hero

Hi @freiundentwirrt

merged your thread with exiting hugging thread

Would you also be willing to share your save ? if so, see @SimGuruIcarus instructions on the page before this.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 65 (2,354 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Excessive hugging

★★★★★ Apprentice

Mine only hug when I make then start talking to each other. If the two don't know each other well then instead of hugging they must get up and wave to each other first before talking. It's annoying when they are sitting down to eat and they keep picking their plates up and all that. I removed my mods completely to make sure it wasn't me and it still happened so it's definitely not a mod issues. Yours sounds way worse than mine though. Make sure you have patched your game with sims studio too. I always go there first when I have a problem and it's been a life saver many times. Good luck to you.

Message 14 of 65 (2,340 Views)

Re: Sims stand and hug or wave before socializing

Champion

I have seen what freiundentwirrt describes.

Since the November patch Just before Cats and Dogs was released, sims now stand up and do a formal greeting (such as a hug or kiss on the cheek) when starting a new conversation. This can interrupt what they are doing at the time, such as sitting at the table and eating. The sims will get up from the table, pick up their food and then hug in a formal greeting before they start chatting.

Before the patch, the sim sitting at the table wouldn't have gotten up - they'd do a seated greeting such as a small wave while still seated and say "sul sul" or similar.

If you need a save, I recently uploaded my save file already to the Box widget for a different bug, but it's the same save file I see things happening in.

Message 15 of 65 (2,313 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, this is beginning to drive me nuts. I'm about to get rid of every chair, sofa, etc and just make them stand all the time, because if they sit to eat or watch tv they are just going to end up getting up to hug, anyway, and stay standing afterwards. And I've noticed it with pets causing it as well. The game really should be programmed so that any interaction attempt from another sim that causes them to have to get up goes into waiting in their queue until they are done with what they are doing while sitting instead of making them stand up to accommodate it.

Message 16 of 65 (2,253 Views)

★★ Expert
is it getting worse, or am i imagining things? it's insane.
Message 17 of 65 (2,166 Views)

★ Apprentice
Would this apply to them hugging, kissing, or doing some other gretmeting before they start a convo? My sims do this when they're already eating, which I don't remember happening. They would only greet like that if they were already standing a convo was initiated.
I guess they do hug more so in general, but I felt like that was an intentional increase when parenthood released.
Just don't want to hit me too on this if it should be registered elsewhere. TIA.
Message 18 of 65 (2,094 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

IMO, it's cool if they greet each other when eating/drinking and it doesn't interrupt the meal. they do that *a lot*, too, though.

the hugging thing, as an example, in pubs: a Sim is sitting. then gets up, grabs their drink, hugs/is hugged by a friend, then maybe they sit down on a different barstool. or go stand behind the bar. when another friend arrives, they hug them (the drink "disappears" for a moment) then sit down or move away a little and keep chatting. they might leave the drink on the bar.

you can also definitely see it when NPCs leave a venue and return a few minutes later. they hug each other all over again.

so, to me, this hugging thing refers to... both the disrupting of actions (like when cooking or drinking something, they will often stop and just leave whatever they're holding on the floor), *and* how excessively it happens.

it's also a "filler" action. when they are doing nothing, they will hug *a lot*. maybe the same two Sims will hug twice in a short time. or, if they hug one, they will often hug another one who's next to the first. or they will go outside and run all the way to hug someone who's a block away. it's a hugfest. i play 6 Sims who live together. you can imagine how that goes. Tongue out

Message 19 of 65 (2,088 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Excessive hugging

Hero
Moved this to open.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 65 (2,056 Views)