by MsPigglyPooh

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Excessive hugging

★★ Expert
thank you @crinrict.
Message 21 of 65 (1,989 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Excessive hugging

★★ Guide

My thing is it gets really annoying when they're eating and get up to hug, especially being home with each other all day it's not realistic. When you're out and you haven't seen a friend in a while or meeting a friend or family member it makes sense. but its every time my sims start a conversation at home with the family they have to get up and hug its too much for me. over the top.

Message 22 of 65 (1,957 Views)

Sims getting up to hug while having dinner when directed to have convo

★★★ Novice

I'm not sure when this started but it's probably one of the most annoying things in my gameplay.

My sims sit down to have meals and if I direct them to have a convo (ask about day, ask about school etc etc) instead of starting the conversation (like they did before) they instead get up and hug each other. After that, it lags for what seems like forever then they sit down (in some other seat) and start talking. 

Why should dinner take 4 hours to complete?

Is there a fix for this?

P.s. it also happens while watching TV together. We are not SIMS 4 now, why are little things like this still an issue?

Message 23 of 65 (1,900 Views)

Re: Sims getting up to hug while having dinner when directed to have convo

Hero
Hi @Orig1nalM1ssTee

I merged your post with open bug report on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 65 (1,894 Views)

Re: excessive hugging.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I always really like it when my sims play on there own and mine don't do it often

Message 25 of 65 (1,864 Views)

Hero
Are you sure you posted in the correct thread @comicsforever ? This is about excessive hugging ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 65 (1,849 Views)

★★★★ Guide

you and another person were talking about excessive violin playing on here I was just replying to that sorry that I took things off topic

@crinrict

Message 27 of 65 (1,834 Views)

Hero
Must have missed that.

Seems we're getting too many of these excessive things now. If they do all this stuff excessively, it may not be so bad and needs to go to the general forum for feedback.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 65 (1,823 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

it seems odd to me that everyone seems to be seeing different excessive  things I'm not really seeing anymore hugging then usual or excessive violin playing or excessive  trolling

and I play this game a lot could there be a bug ? I really don't know what to make of this @crinrict

Message 29 of 65 (1,815 Views)

Champion
It's not necessarily "hugging" which is the problem here in this thread - what it seems to be is excessive "greeting".

If sims haven't spoken for a while, they need to greet each other again, either with a hug or a kiss on the cheek or whatever other greeting is appropriate.

If both the sims are sitting at a table eating, it interrupts that, they get up, pick up their plates, greet and then put the plates down and resume eating.

This is not the old behaviour. They used to just stay seated and do a simple wave to each other at the table or other seated greeting. This started happening after the Parenthood patch.
Message 30 of 65 (1,798 Views)