by Zack4358

Original Post

[OPEN] Excessive drink mixing

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Island Living and Uni and every game pack except StrangerVille.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a bar at your home lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims (especially sims with high mixology skill) are excessively mixing drinks at the bar (up to 7 in a row) and the glasses are standing there, no one's drinking them and they spoil and I have to clean this up or refresh the drinks. They also drop commands from the queue just to go mixing at a bar.
What do you expect to see? No excessive usage of the bar. Occasional usage of the bar.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I only found a thread of excessive drinking. So I make this thread. My sims (especially my high level Mixology sims) are mixing drinks almost every sim hour and the glasses are standing there, spoiled drinks everywhere and I have to clean this up or they refresh the drinks.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 18 (6,866 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Excessive drink mixing

★★★★ Novice

I have same problem. I have a bar in all my sims homes and they are always cancelling what i tell them to do to go mix drinks

Message 2 of 18 (6,702 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This happens on PS5 also. A sim gets a point in Mixology and that's all they do. They mix drinks all the time and leave them sitting on the bar and interrupt other actions to go mix drinks whenever inspired. Traits don't seem to matter, they just need inspired and a bar on the lot and then they just mix drinks.

Message 3 of 18 (6,625 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, it's very annoying.  If I forget her for a second; she is off mixing drinks.  And they litter the bar.

Message 4 of 18 (6,583 Views)

★★★★ Expert

My foodie Sim used to incessantly make drinks, complain the bar was filthy and disgusting, and then say that the one drink he drank was "disappointing."  YOU are the reason the bar is disgusting. YOU made that drink!  You have only yourself to blame!

(I forbade that action in MC Tuner, too.)

Message 5 of 18 (6,561 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi, a few mods especially when you use just a few, are not hard to keep up to date, and can fix various 'in-game' issues.. such as this one, there are a few modders that have made 'No autonomous make Bar Drinks'  I currently use Bienchens (thirsttweak) so only max skilled in mixology sims will auto make bar drinks.

Hope this helps,

Sasha.

I have no connection to EA, am an Avid Mods/CC user, but don't make them:
Simsonic Weebly, Incorporating the Mod Tracker.

simsonic weebly banner banner gold.png

Message 6 of 18 (6,553 Views)

★★ Pro
@xochiquetzl_xkvn I just give them the globe bar and turn it so they can't use it if I don't want them to. It doesn't seem to frustrate them at all; they just get "confident' moodlets from it.
Message 7 of 18 (6,516 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@stjmk  It's partly my own fault, in that I have a former mixologist who got the inspiring career reward bar.  They make drinks when inspired.  Her foodie housemate ended up level 10 in mixology due to his obsession.  Still disappointed in his own drinks, though, LOLOL.

Message 8 of 18 (6,515 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I had the same issues but again was busts fault and the inspired buff. Oh, I am inspired now I make 30000 drinks for me and my dust bunnies friends! Yeah, I disabled the pack and inspired is only allow in the basement with 10 easels.

Fixed this behaviour for me.

Message 9 of 18 (6,499 Views)

Sims prepare drink too much.

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a bar on the lot and play the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? If there is a bar on the lot, sims are dragged constantly to make drink, and dont drink them in top of that, making countless drinks spoiled on the bar to later clean them up. They will stop sleeping and other interactions for making drinks.
What do you expect to see? Sims that wont use the bar at all if only a few time per weeks. The bar is an object that should almost only be usable if you the player decide to use it, since they wont drink their drink after they make them. Result, countless spoiled drink on the bar and constant pop up for liking/disliking making drink. My sims did not have the like for making drink, so they did not do it because of that.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.77.131.1030

I just hope something they fixed the game, not fixing issues to make other old issues come back to life. Is there a fix to the core of the coding they could do? I dont know, because this game seems like a under pressures, like they patch a few holes and then much more are created. Most are unplayable bugs. Im done with the rant, its frustrating, because the game does not seems better after the patch despite the nice additions.

Message 10 of 18 (6,333 Views)