[OPEN] Excessive drink mixing

by Zack4358

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Excessive drink mixing

★★★★★ Apprentice

i finally just removed the bar from my legacy family's lot. they were wasting over a hundred simoleons a day from autonomous drink making, but it had to go after i had a sim wake up from bc he had to pee and instead of using the toilet, he ran through a blizzard in his pajamas to make a wrench and almost froze to death

Message 11 of 18 (891 Views)

★ Guide

I should not be sitting here laughing, but I totally have this image in my head now. My Foodie Sim just won't stop making drinks either. That's all she does unless I give her other tasks, but then right back to making drinks. I currently just took the bar away. I'm sick of it. I'm gonna take the suggestion of the person who said get the globe bar and turn it. I'll just put plants next to it to fill the space around it. If they like Mixology, are a Foodie, whatever it is that makes them do it, I'm just glad she doesn't drink them all. Had Sim do that once in a different save, so I had my Sim divorce him immediately. Ended the marriage and kicked him out. Been through that enough in real life I certainly don't want it in my escape. lo lol lol 

Message 12 of 18 (746 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not only do I have this issue with bars, I have this issue with the coffee makers and tea brewers. My sims will constantly make drinks, drink them, put them down, and make more. They'll ignore their bladder needs and just keep on with their little thing. Tea stuff, coffee stuff, bar stuff. Having all those items on the same lot is nightmare.

Message 13 of 18 (673 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Carrot_Cakey214 The thread for the tea/coffee issue is here [OPEN] Sims obsessively making coffee/tea, autonomy issue. Please use that thread to report the tea/coffee issue. This thread is for the bar drink mixing obsession.

Message 14 of 18 (663 Views)

★★★ Novice

Not sure if this has been said but the bar needs a "closed" option, or an option to lock out a sim from mixing drinks, like the computer can lock sims out. Just to stop the bar tender sim from wasting their lives and money, mixing drinks for sims who have already past into the nether world.

Message 15 of 18 (509 Views)

★★ Pro
@oninojb Yeah this would be actually a great solution! I'd gladly apply it to other stuff that sims keep doing excessively too.
Message 16 of 18 (496 Views)

★★★ Novice

Actually I discovered something I haven't seen mentioned. I notice if I click the drink on the bar, I can drag it to the "Drag here to sell" rectangle in the sims inventory. The drinks sell for more than you paid to make them, so turn your waste into profit at least!

Message 17 of 18 (416 Views)

★ Guide

I just sell the drinks by dragging them to the sell thing in the sims inventory. But it is annoying that the sim is doing it so much that I'm starting to think about selling the bar.

Message 18 of 18 (98 Views)