[ARCHIVED] Excessive autonomous drinking from sink/bar/fridge

by Hroun_88

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Excessive autonomous drinking from sink/bar

★★★★ Novice

My last game my vampire sims drank water almost continuously if I didn't have them doing anything else. As soon as the queue was finished they went to drink water. I think the only fix is to remove the drink water option from all sinks. 

Message 61 of 101 (1,333 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

The excessive water drinking issue is the reason that I never hand out apartment keys. Whenever a keyholder comes over, they immediately go to the nearest sink and drink water. If I put that sink in the family inventory, they go right to the next available sink. For keyholders, drinking water is literally prioritized above any other interaction. Seriously, right after they finish their current glass, they instantly go for another one. They don't even clean up after themselves, just littering the whole place with empty drink glasses. Sure, my own Sims will sometimes drink water on their own, but it's not to as nearly an unbearable level as keyholders will. What I dislike more is frequent autonomous mixology drink making because that costs simoleons, unlike water.

Message 62 of 101 (1,329 Views)

★★ Novice

This is really irritating that this hasn't been fixed for several years. I notice that the most extreme cases of this happening are visitors to certain lots. One particular visitor to the lot will drink glass after glass of water until she leaves, on every single visit. She leaves a bunch of empty glasses all over the apartment and I am pretty sure that this is what is making her constantly gain weight.

Message 63 of 101 (1,281 Views)

★★★ Guide

Update on my water drinking situation: I finally had to install a mod after dealing with my legacy founder's husband constantly drinking water for too long. The founder would do it as well, but not to nearly as bad an extent as her husband. I wonder if it might be because he originally had the glutton trait but I changed it (he was a randomly generated townie)? That's beside the point, though, I think. The point is that I had to have him under constant supervision, otherwise he was always autonomously getting water. If I would shift control to another Sim for even a minute, I would often go back to the husband to find him at the sink. Sometimes when controlling him, I would go back to the wife to find her at the sink. Smelly, empty glasses scattered about the house were a common occurrence along with their bladder needs quickly diving into the yellow and red.

Seriously, mod creators are a lifesaver!

Message 64 of 101 (1,265 Views)

★★ Apprentice
It is a shame that such a bug that have been reported for years had to be fixed by someone else than the developers... come on guys. I also had to use a mod, and even then, I still need to check on my sims to make sure they don't do these weird autonomous actions....
Message 65 of 101 (1,196 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I use no autonomous mod as-well because the autonomous in the game is horrible. It's annoying that sims always want to run to the sink to get water none stop. I also found it odd that a vampire sim can drink water and not get sick from it or any other substance other than plasma.

Message 66 of 101 (1,178 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same with me. My sims keep getting water from the sinks. The ones that had skills in Mixology keeps making drinks to drink them. Drinking beverages is not a need in Sims and should either be removed or fixed so that they only get it when told to. The problem with mine is that the bladder need goes down almost 50% instead of 20%.
Message 67 of 101 (1,080 Views)

Hero

Active Sims won't try to drink so dang much during a party. Once they have a refreshing beverage, they should be good.

Not going to mark this as fixed cause it wasn't only parties for me.

Let me know how we're doing on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 68 of 101 (1,018 Views)

★★ Expert

there's now less autonomous drinking from the sink, and more autonomous drinking (orange juice) from the fridge. XD

Message 69 of 101 (1,002 Views)

Hero
Hm, I wouldn't exactly call this progress but hey, it's a change.

Thanks for reporting

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 70 of 101 (895 Views)