[FIXED] Excessive and overlapping thought bubbles

by 99publicidentity

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] Excessive and overlapping thought bubbles

Hero
I'm sure it was ok. He will probably let you know if he needs more info.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 59 (3,906 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Excessive and overlapping thought bubbles

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 59 (3,902 Views)

Re: Sims are wishing about white pillow for no reason

★★ Guide

I've had this loads - seeing thought bubbles through floors/walls/furniture. The family does have a cat, and I may have some video of it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1svR6hHEcfaW-5rdWLnnpjRZBu2UhnYje/view?usp=sharing

Message 13 of 59 (3,867 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @shadedgrey63 @GypsyRozLyn

Thank you both for your saves! Standard smile

Message 14 of 59 (3,844 Views)

★★ Guide

I have this problem but I don't think it's related to having a pet - because the household didn't currently have a pet when I started seeing it (although they had in the past). In my household, it was not the pillow I was seeing, but an upright hand ("talk to the hand" thought? not sure). Restarting the game fixed it but it comes and goes and sometimes it's a different thought bubble that sticks. This seemed to start around the time I got Jungle Adventures.

Message 15 of 59 (3,819 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game is also doing that except it is with the grilled cheese thought bubble and I think the cup of coffee thought bubble. I have 2 young adults and 2 pets (1 cat and 1 dog) in my household. I just noticed this "glitch" happening today. I was able to take a screenshot of it. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kJ5RiMfr2FaeMojKWGB_I6q4u8fuylfE/view?usp=sharing

Message 16 of 59 (3,775 Views)

★ Novice
I also have this problem. Currently it's the red sports car but I have also had the 🖐️, an aeroplane, a grilled cheese sandwich and a strange plastic filing tray with papers in it. I have no pets in my game at the moment.
Message 17 of 59 (3,730 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I have this problem too. It’s across all my save games with varying households. My current Dave it is happening in has no pets, in fact it is just one young adult sim. Today it’s the coffee machine thought (even when energy is full) but as others have said it verges wildly. Hopefully this can be fixed, not the end of the world but a little annoying...
Message 18 of 59 (3,690 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't have a pillow, but they are thinking about the mail box.  I have reset it but its still happening. I also had to debug what happened to my two gardners that got stuck there and kept waving at my mail box. I have used the disable need decay cheat quite a lot, I don't know if it has anything to do with this. But its been happening for 1 sims week I think. Anyway, my game save is attached in a link below, hopefully you can debug this Standard smile

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HX7joYXnfqRsP980xd9dh_sZ9GOq8tXP/view?usp=sharing

Message 19 of 59 (3,595 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just started having this happen in my game a few days ago. The overlapping thought bubble isn't the same every time, I've had the little green alien and the 'talk to the hand' images. I do not have the Cats & Dogs EP, or Jungle Adventures, no CC, no Mods, completely vanilla game. It seems to stop doing it when I exit and reload my game, but it eventually comes back. It's not a game breaker for me, mostly just annoying, but I do hope the glitch is fixed soon. Thanks! Standard smile

Message 20 of 59 (3,545 Views)