Re: [OPEN] Excessive Water/Juice Drinking (Patch 1.55.105 Edition)

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero
@DizzyDee-K I do still see them get water, especially if they're hungry and I do think that's by design. It's the glasses everywhere that were a problem. When they did nothing else all the time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 112 (1,379 Views)

★★ Guide

That would be a bad design then because water does nothing for hunger.

The problem wasn't just the glasses. The problem is the game telling our sims what to do and not just when they are idle (for a second). It isn't my story when Get Water queue stomps or inserts itself the second my sim finishes something.

Message 11 of 112 (1,360 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@SleepycatDSL They do have a thirst motive. I just noticed it more when mine were hungry but it could be in correlation with the hunger as you don't see the thirst.

Is it still excessive for ALL your Sims or just certain groups ? You said it's still the case for spellcasters for you ? If so, please create a separate thread for spellcasters so it can be looked into for them specifically.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 112 (1,339 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict They have a thirst motive? Why on Earth isn’t it visible?
Message 13 of 112 (1,444 Views)

Hero
@SqueamishNerd That's what I was told, yes and I don't know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 14 of 112 (1,431 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict wrote:
@DizzyDee-KI do still see them get water, especially if they're hungry and I do think that's by design. It's the glasses everywhere that were a problem. When they did nothing else all the time.

Yes.

I'm starting to feel that this is mostly a Strangerville and Sulani residents problem. They seem to drop what they're  doing to get water even if their needs are full. I haven't tested with a vanilla save, yet. Will do that when I get a chance.

Message 15 of 112 (1,416 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict  As far as I can recall, they weren't hungry (they were certainly in the green).  I can't test spell castors more, in order to properly start a thread for them, because since I last reported (after the patch) about my spell castors still trying to Get Water, I no longer have spell castors.

As for the rest of my sims, they seem to be okay now but I haven't really played much since testing them.

Message 16 of 112 (1,401 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Excessive Water/Juice Drinking (Patch 1.55.105 Edition)

★★ Guide

Still active problem for me. 

Started new game (vanilla, no mods) and had sim go swimming. Sim needed to go, so I used auto-solve bladder...and sim went to get a glass of water =-( 

Message 17 of 112 (1,386 Views)

★ Guide
@DizzyDee-K I disagree. My Sims have been residents of San Myshuno for some time and they had glasses all over their apartment till I got a mod that would stop them.
Message 18 of 112 (1,376 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@MoonlitexAngel wrote:
@DizzyDee-KI disagree. My Sims have been residents of San Myshuno for some time and they had glasses all over their apartment till I got a mod that would stop them.

Since it was fixed with the last patch (1.58.63.1210) I'm mostly seeing moderate water consumption except for Sulani and Strangerville where they seem to drop tasks to get water This might be an entirely different issue from the excessive drinking. Don't know.*

BUT, I haven't checked any of this out in a new vanilla game, so I could be mistaken. Helping my girls with DU right now. Maybe during the week I'll have time.

*Adding: Could be that the "idle get water" is the same, but the dropped tasks in Sulani and Strangerville that trigger the "get water" often occur (in my play) far away from the home lot making it more noticeable. So... need to pay some attention to that.

Message 19 of 112 (1,363 Views)