Re: [OPEN] Excessive Water/Juice Drinking (Patch 1.55.105 Edition)

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Excessive Water/Juice Drinking (Patch 1.58.63 Edition)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Leave your Sims idle and observe how they go and get a glass of water all the time.
What happens when the bug occurs? There's empty glasses everywhere.
What do you expect to see? Moderate water drinking or preferably none at all. Ditch the autonomous water drinking.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is an ongoing issue that comes in several flavors

This isn't about no water drinking at all, That's a feature (not one anyone likes but that's for feedback), Please only click me too on this thread if it's EXCESSIVE. Glasses all over, dropping of queue to do this. If you occasionally see it when they are idle, then that's by design behavior

Currently still affected seem to be

There might be others and there are still reports for all Sims which is why I made a new thread.

As it's supposed to be fixed, a fresh me too count is needed.

Please post which groups are affected for you and if you see dropping stuff in the queue to get water/milk/juice

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 112 (9,432 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Excessive Water/Juice Drinking (Patch 1.58.63 Edition)

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

We have not been able to reproduce this issue on our end,

If any of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 102 of 112 (2,881 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

Bad news. It is still happening to old saves. I have a new game I created about three days ago. The sim has an apartment in the City and gave out keys. When the key holders drop by unannounced for game night or city visits, they pull juice and milk from the refrigerator. After yesterday's patch, it got to the point I had to build a pantry and put the refrigerator in the panty then lock the door to everyone but the household. Her vampire friend was about to burst from too much orange juice. It's a good thing vamps don't need to go potty. I am on PC, have no mods, cleared my cache after the patch, put save files in a different file and only introduced the one I wanted to play from after an initial load of the game. I did try to recreate this bug in a new save file but was not able to. For now, living with the bug and fridge in a pantry because I like the way the game is going. 

Message 1 of 112 (9,419 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Cheshyr1 Just in apartments or is it a general issue ? For me, they still grab drinks (especially when they're hungry) but it's def, not excessive.

Also was it just the vamp that had the issue or did the occult status not matter ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 112 (9,410 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I motherloded and got them into a house to test. The welcoming committee behaved and did not drink water or raid the fridge. I wonder if it is just an issue with the 'Game Night' and 'Crash at your place' events for apartment key holders. My best guess.

I don't think it mattered on the occult status. Her friends were a spellcaster, vampire, and a human. 

Message 3 of 112 (9,541 Views)

★★ Guide

I did some testing. At first I thought my old save (with multiple households) was toast but further testing confirmed my second impression, my save is okay but my two spell castors in that save aren't.  Get Water was still constantly popping up for them.

So

- regular sims - seem good now.

- merfolk - seem good now (though their hydration seems to drop a bit faster then before <_<)

- vampires - did not test.

- spell castors - still trying to Get Water (from sinks)

I've gone back to a pre-spell castor back up of that save.  Hopefully I will be able to get back to enjoying playing again but right now, I don't even feel like trying.

It seems to me that the Get Water was meant for Merfolk but someone goofed.  I won't be playing Merfolk if they get stuck with that stupid Get Water push. I am perfectly capable of taking care of my sims myself. Stop telling my sims what to do! Get out of my sandbox!

Message 4 of 112 (9,519 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@SleepycatDSL @Cheshyr1 So could we get new threads then, specifically to what's not working ?

- Apartment keyholders
- Spellcasters

Thank you both

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 112 (9,510 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict wrote:

Idle Sims will no longer drink water excessively.
○ They will now hydrate appropriately.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

My Sim dropped jogging with his dog to go get water. Clean game, but pre patch save.

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 11.00.30 AM.jpg

Message 6 of 112 (9,493 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I just got home from work and will do a new thread for key holders. 

Message 7 of 112 (9,472 Views)

Hero
@DizzyDee-K Is your Sim a normal Sim ? Just to be sure.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 112 (9,447 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict wrote:
@DizzyDee-KIs your Sim a normal Sim ? Just to be sure.

Yes. He is a former NPC, though.
Message 9 of 112 (9,431 Views)