by loyabe

Original Post

[OPEN] Excessive Mourning

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous, Get together, cats and dogs, get to work, in the city, vampires, eat out, bowlingstuffs, Christmas holiday(free stuffpack)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a dead familymember's urn/gravestone on lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Several times every day, the sim goes to the familygrave on the lot and mourn. The sim is an YA and had just become a teen when her grandmother died. Grandmother was a 5-star celebrity. It's like she goes to mourn instead of looking at her phone. I can try to abort the action 10 times and she still do it as soon as she's not doing anything.
What do you expect to see? That the sim will stop mourning after a sim-week and live on with her life.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch. I have had a grave on lot before but had to remove that one as the ghost kept destroying stuffs in the house. But no mourning issue with that one.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous, Get together, cats and dogs, get to work, in the city, vampires, eat out, bowlingstuffs, Christmas holiday(free stuffpack)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a dead familymember's urn/gravestone on lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Several times every day, the sim goes to the familygrave on the lot and mourn. The sim is an YA and had just become a teen when her grandmother died. Grandmother was a 5-star celebrity. It's like she goes to mourn instead of looking at her phone. I can try to abort the action 10 times and she still do it as soon as she's not doing anything.
What do you expect to see? That the sim will stop mourning after a sim-week and live on with her life.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch. I have had a grave on lot before but had to remove that one as the ghost kept destroying stuffs in the house. But no mourning issue with that one.

Is there a way to copy a saved game as I don't know what will happen if I disable MCCC and CC as my family is in a polygami marriage and other stuffs and use 99% CC for their looks.

Message 1 of 10 (2,742 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Excessive Mourning

★★★★★ Guide

As a temporary workaround, you can use MCCC to cancel the mourn action:

- Click on the Sim, select MC Command Center

- Select MC Cheats

- Select "Reset Sim."

As for backing up your game, here's a small FAQ on backing up Sims save files: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/save.php

(As always, I do not work for EA.)

- B

Message 2 of 10 (2,681 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro

Does your Sim have a Good or Evil trait? In one of my saves I have some excessive mourners but they all have the Good or Evil traits.
I keep my graves out of reach, ether fenced in or in a locked room to prevent them, constantly mourning the death of a Sim they had never met.

Message 3 of 10 (2,671 Views)

★ Guide

She does have the evil trait. I have a fence and bushes around the grave but she stands outside the graveyard, behind the bushes and tree and crying. She never goes into the graveyard. she always stand on the same spot crying. She shouldn't be able to see the gravestone. 

I just reset her age as she was about to turn into an adult, so that's why her agebar is empty. Small picture show the tree that gets invisible when zoomed in.

Message 4 of 10 (2,663 Views)

Hero
Added this to the excessive use of .. list.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (2,623 Views)

★ Guide

It seems that it is a bug with the Evil trait. One of my sims (the greatgranddaughter of the sim in op) married a sim that had the Evil trait, causing him to stand in the same spot crying over sims he dont even know. 

Message 6 of 10 (2,589 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It is with the good trait too. I have a legacy challenge where I have kept all the immediate family members from previous generations in a graveyard on the lot. Every single one of my good sims has to be watched like a hawk or they will always go mourn the dead sims if they do not have anything else to do. I don't recall if I have had an evil sim in that save, but I have definitely noticed it with all the good ones.

Message 7 of 10 (2,403 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Excessive Mourning

★ Apprentice
@Nekoboy69 My sims have been doing this with their dead dog and its so annoying!!! He was so busy mourning his dog that he ignored her ghost.
Message 8 of 10 (2,004 Views)

★★★ Novice

Had something similar happen with one of my sims... his husband died in a tragic Murphy Bed accident, and at least one of the mourning moodlets didn't go away at any point. It was even worse because he successfully pleaded for his life, so it was like he was mourning for nothing. About a week later the moodlet finally cleared up when the not-dead husband (an alien) autonomously erased the sad guy's entire memory of him and their marriage.

Message 9 of 10 (1,489 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

In one of my saves when I was trying to be "realistic," the family cat died and the teen daughter and the married YA daughter who had moved out mourned at his urn daily for months.  I added the ghost cat back to the household and they still went to his urn to cry every day, and I was like, "He's right there! just pet his ghost!" but no.  Finally I couldn't take it any more and gave the poor cat an ambrosia treat so they'd stop.

I haven't let a pet die in-game since.

[Edit - They did both have the Good trait.]

Message 10 of 10 (1,472 Views)