Re: Energy decay despite Never Weary Trait

by peafrogsims

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I’m not at the computer right now but I just fixed it by cheating to remove the trait and put it back on again! It worked then! Sorry, I’ve been meaning to post this!!
Message 11 of 35 (3,570 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just happened to me in 2020 on PS4

Message 12 of 35 (3,465 Views)

★ Pro
@crmalia7 This may be caused by some Style Influencer chance cards (in chucks) or angling for big catch (slowly).
Message 13 of 35 (3,454 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Energy decay despite Never Weary Trait

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: PS4

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur?

100%

What is your current game version number?

1.20.101.3400 (64 bit)

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?

EXPANSION: Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Island Living, Discover University

GAME: Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic

STUFF: Moschino, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Laundry Day, Backyard

FREE: Holiday Celebration, Ghoulish Guitar

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?

Unknown

What happens when the bug occurs?

Sim is getting sleepy despite having the never weary reward.

What do you expect to see?

I expect sims with the never weary reward to not have the need decay.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, this issue is on console (PS4).

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

I believe this may have started after the October console patch. My sim was not able to complete the final item on the beach life aspiration, but eventually I noticed her energy depleting and was finally able to doze off in s lounge chair. Since then, she has had energy decay. 
I also have another sim with the never weary trait, and her energy also began to decay while working through the Beach Life aspiration.

Message 14 of 35 (3,409 Views)

★ Guide

The same issue is happening to me. :/ It seems to be connected to travel.

After buying the Never Weary trait for my Sim, it seemed to work for a period of time afterward, but then she left the lot to have a baby at the hospital. When she returned home with the baby, a chunk of her energy was gone. I thought perhaps this was normal. I mean, I'd be tired too if I just had a baby, right? So I had her sleep for a bit, maxed out her energy again. Good to go.

Then I sent her fishing at Sylvan Glade and again, her energy decayed upon traveling.

Message 15 of 35 (3,373 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Platform: PC
Language: English
Bug frequency: 100%
Version: 1.61.15.1020
Packs: GTW, CD, GF, OR, JA, ROM, MHSP
Custom content: SimulationLagFix

I've been having this problem ever since I got the game in about May 2018. I've worked over a dozen sims up to having Never Weary, Forever Full etc. and not a single one of them has actually had a need permanently frozen at 100%. It always ends up decaying, though very slowly. For the record, these traits are earned legit with no cheating.

The above theory about travel is interesting. I did a little bit of experimentation and I think I've found an additional facet to the problem.

Here's my theory: The needs probably aren't decaying because of time. However, they are being actively decayed by certain actions that are programmed to affect them.

I did a few little tests on a Sim who has all of the needs-eliminating traits:

I had him drink at the bar and his Bladder need immediately decayed by about 5%. Then I put him on the treadmill, but his hygiene didn't go down at all.

Bladder ticked down very slightly twice while working on building a rocket, but not once during a 7 hour workday.

Sitting in a chair for about an hour caused a down-tick on Bladder. I then had the sim stand and do nothing for 16 hours straight, and nothing except Fun ticked down at all.

I noticed this a while back as well when I had a fully traited-up Sim stand in a locked room for about a week with several other Sims (because I needed him to witness a death for an aspiration...) Since autonomy was off and he was doing nothing but occasionally socializing, his needs were untouched even in the time it took the other Sims to starve to death. But on a Sim that's going around actively doing stuff, these bits of decay can happen surprisingly fast.

I suspect that lots of miscellaneous actions in the game cause Needs decay but aren't usually noticeable unless we're looking for it. When a Sim with all the needs-removing traits ends up with a bunch of needs decayed, it's probably a culmination of having done a bunch of those actions. This could happen particularly easily if you leave Sims to their own devices with autonomous mode on.

I think it's just a matter of certain activities (even something as simple as sitting in a chair, apparently) not knowing that they're not supposed to touch the Needs of Sims with the related traits.

Message 16 of 35 (3,309 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue. I rested the sim until full - exited with a save - and restarted - worked fine afterwards. don't know if you have to rest till full - but in my case i did Standard smile 

Message 17 of 35 (3,212 Views)

★★ Novice

I can confirm this happens when one is doing "Angle For Big Catch".

Message 18 of 35 (3,163 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@technitaur I think that your hypothesis is correct. I am playing on PS4 on the latest patch and got scared when after, as some people said, started fishing with angle and my energy started to go down even though I have the trait. I continued playing and it stopped to go down but sometime later my other stats went down while doing other activities. Normally it is bearly noticeable, but if you have all the traits for not having to refill your needs, you won't look at it for a while, and when you go back to see your needs they will be a little bit down because of all the activities and you may think that this has happened in just a moment and not in some longer time.
Message 19 of 35 (3,098 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Energy decay despite Never Weary Trait

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Im playing on my xbox one and have the same issue. I have outdoor retreat,realm of magic,tiny living stuff,get together,and get to work installed. Saveing exiting and reloading seems to temporarily fix the issue, but eventually it always comes back. My computer is down and i have no idea how to upload my save straight from the xbox. But there is a really simple fix here programers. Simply add a little line to the game script that constantly and always makes energy go up as if the sim is sleeping when they have the never weary reward. Simple eh? Yeah i thought so. Looking forward to seeing it in action in a future game update. 

Message 20 of 35 (3,054 Views)