Re: Never Weary Trait Not Working when Angling For Big Catch

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Energy decay despite Never Weary Trait

★★★ Novice

UPDATE:  i figured out why it stops working and fixed it in my game. It seems that why the Tense effect is triggered it reactivates energy decay, and when Tense goes away it does not re-deactivate energy decay if the nevery wear reward is owned. Buying the CAREFREE reward fixed the issue in my game.

Message 21 of 35 (1,121 Views)

★★ Guide

I also just got this the other night. The sim was also doing 'Angle for Big Catch' in a quest for rare fish.

Message 22 of 35 (1,034 Views)

★★ Novice

Is there still no fix for this? I'm playing on PS4 and have only base game. I'm not sure when the decay started exactly, but it might have happened after my sim was eaten and spit out by a cow plant. She was also doing the "angle for big catch" interaction though, and I see that's what was causing the issue for other people. Is there a fix to make the trait start working again? I'm trying to get trophies so I don't want to use testingcheats to fix it.

Message 23 of 35 (875 Views)

★★★★ Guide
The issue is still there. Whenever my sim uses the seance table, their energy bar decreases even though they have the Never Weary trait.
Message 24 of 35 (844 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've experienced this in my game, but as others have commented, in my case it was always secondary to something in game play that normally sucks out a chunk of energy leading to the energy decay. Pretty sure it works that way for all of the reward trait decay-halting things.

Message 25 of 35 (795 Views)

Never Weary Trait Not Working when Angling For Big Catch

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Purchase Never Weary trait from the rewards store. Go to a fishing spot and Angle for Big Catch.
What happens when the bug occurs? Energy level begins to drop.
What do you expect to see? Energy level should not change due to having the Never Weary trait.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This issue started happening to me yesterday. I've had the Never Weary trait for a while now (at least a week IRL), and I've used the Angle for Big Catch action since then, but only yesterday did it begin to cause energy levels to drop.

Message 26 of 35 (836 Views)

Hero
@GodsdemonHunter and now it drops constantly like you don't have the trait or just during that action ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 35 (825 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict It appears to be just during that action. There may be other actions I haven't tested that do the same thing, but it definitely doesn't happen while my sims are idle.
Message 28 of 35 (819 Views)

Hero
@GodsdemonHunter Thanks.

Could you update this thread (first post) if you find any other interaction that have this issue.

There's a more general thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Energy-decay-despite-Never-Weary-Trait/td-p/6789575 .. might merge

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 35 (778 Views)

Never Weary Trait Depleting after Update

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.171.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Awesome Animals Hats, Holiday Celebration Pack, Life of the Party, Up All Night, City Living, Discover University, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Seasons, Tiny Living Stuff, Vampires, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Dine Out, Get to Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Login to the game after latest update, have sim going about in their daily life, energy bar goes down even though sim has "never weary" trait.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim has no energy.
What do you expect to see? Sim's energy bar should not be going down, due to "never weary" trait.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Glitch started occurring since latest update.

My sim has the "never weary" trait. After the latest update (mine installed yesterday), my sim's energy bar started depleting. Before the update, her energy bar never reduced due to the trait.

Message 30 of 35 (639 Views)