Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Enabling auto-lights resets light dimmer settings

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons. Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood. Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change the light dimmer settings and then enable auto-lights.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the light dimmer settings are changed and auto-lights enabled, the light dimmer settings reset to the maximum brightness.
What do you expect to see? Modifying the light dimmer settings then enabling auto-lights should not reset the light dimmer settings to the maximum brightness.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was either after installing the Seasons Expansion Pack or after installing the latest patch after Seasons.

Ever since installing seasons and the patch after that, my light dimmer settings are being reset when I enable auto-lights. I've tried running it vanilla, and even removed my entire TS4 folder from My Documents. I have also repaired the game from origin.

Crinrict asked me to post a new thread

Message 10 of 17 (2,677 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Enabling auto-lights resets light dimmer settings

Hero

Light intensity will no longer reset when setting Auto Lights options.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (3,775 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] Light dimmer settings reset when auto-lights are enabled

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ever since installing seasons and the patch after that, my light dimmer settings are being reset when I enable auto-lights. I've tried running it vanilla, and even removed my entire TS4 folder from My Documents. I have also repaired the game from origin.

Message 1 of 17 (2,643 Views)

Re: Light dimmer settings reset when auto-lights are enabled

Hero
Mine seems to stick.

What are you choosing ? A certain light or all lights ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (2,637 Views)

★★ Novice

For example, I would dim one certain light only then when i enable auto-lights for all lights, the dim setting resets to maximum brightness. The same thing happens when I change the setting on one light then enable auto-lights for that light, the dim settings still resets.

Message 3 of 17 (2,633 Views)

Hero
And it happen in both a new and an existing save ?

What's your OS ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (2,621 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes. I have tried it with and without mods on a new and an old save game.

I am on Windows 10 Home SL

Message 5 of 17 (2,619 Views)

Hero
Just tried again in another save in my game and it still stays the same for me.

Do you also have issues with auto-lights resetting ? Does it happen only on a few specific lamps maybe ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (2,597 Views)

★★ Novice

When I change the settings on the light, it disables the auto light for that specific light. When I go ahead and enable auto lights for that light or for the room or all lights, the dim setting resets to maximum. I've tried it on quite a number of different lamps, still having that problem. 

Message 7 of 17 (2,586 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Voicing support that this happens to me too. Auto-Lights automatically forces the light to full settings. When I select the dimmer option, it shows the settings I selected, but the light doesn't display it in game.

Message 8 of 17 (2,569 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could any of you open a thread in the bug forum then

Thanks.

EDIT: I've merged the two threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 17 (2,550 Views)