Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Empty lots not filling

by ChrinnieSims

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice
@take_ninetynine I play on Mac also, so I will do some more investigating for us.
Message 21 of 43 (1,673 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Empty lots wont fill

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

TBF, the fill empty lots has never worked. The option has always been there, but no matter how many sims the game generates, they have always been "not in world". Just like unplayed families never procreate and die out as a result. I've gotten used to occasionally snatching sims from the exchange and throwing them into the empty houses to fill them up, or just using some of the "not in world" sims for the same purpose. Have to do stuff like this anyway to make kids for my kids to play with and fall in love with and such. The living world part of the game just don't work, especially compared to how well it worked in sims 3.

I make new saves every time one of my sims age up, get promoted, change jobs, I remodel the house, or whatever. And then eventually I delete the oldest saves so I only keep the last four. After 5 years I've just found the save system to be so unreliable that sticking to one save is a really, really bad idea. Oh, and I have a separate set of saves for each and every family I play.

Message 22 of 43 (1,658 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just posting to confirm that I'm also having this issue and it isn't fixed yet. I'm on WIndows 10, and have never downloaded any custom content. :/

Message 23 of 43 (1,592 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This actually works for me now! I don't know whether a patch fixed it or what, but I am no longer having this issue. I didn't change anything myself.

Message 24 of 43 (1,589 Views)

Hero
@take_ninetynine They did do a fix in a while ago but people were saying it didn't work for them.

Did it just start working for you with this patch or with the one they fixed it (1.55.105)?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 43 (1,569 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still doesn't work for me. New saves don't help. I've got the option checked, and I've got no mods. I moved my sim into Newcrest (and methodically put residential houses all around, which took forever), and the entire neighborhood is just dead. I hate it.

I like to play with entirely different worlds, so I don't want to bother with manually creating and populating sims every time I want to start fresh. This is extremely frustrating and generally kills any interest I have in playing the games, since I just keep meeting all of the same sims every time.

Message 26 of 43 (1,470 Views)

Hero
@ProfessorDenn Would you mind sharing your save with QA ?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 43 (1,454 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I just noticed this happening with me, now that my original sim is ready to die and his kids have kids.... no one is populating the empty houses.  I did move in some folks from the Not In World option, but most of them are just about depleted.  

Here is the save game.  I suck at building homes, BTW. Please don't judge me on that house Large smile  They're located in Sulani.  

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nPReu-EoVeMK88ZqRPhmDDbJVAhtOcrD

Message 28 of 43 (1,381 Views)

Hero
@ChrinnieSims Thanks for the save. I'll make sure QA sees it

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 43 (1,362 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_MDr5GuJ0WzDgN1kFHMj42HyytDz2DD6

Use that file instead. I clicked the wrong one last night in my sleepy stupor.
Message 30 of 43 (1,335 Views)