Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Empty lots not filling

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [FIXED] Empty lots wont fill

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 43 (1,948 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Is it true the "fill empty houses" option only fill empty house on the current neighborhood (not the world?) we are playing in?
And it only occurs once a week?
After playing for 3-4 generations (mine actually 2 generation only, but used Potion of Youth few times), the Willow Creek and Oasis Spring almost empty. The game probably do generate new townies but never occupy empty houses. Also, the townies mostly young adults and older, so there are only few people for a teen sim to date that can be their future husband/wife.
Message 12 of 43 (1,915 Views)

★ Guide

Same issue for me on PC. I've run multiple fresh games/saves where nobody moves into the neighbourhood even after several weeks of a played Sim living there. I have autonomy set to full and lifespan to Long, if that makes any difference.

Message 13 of 43 (1,910 Views)

Hero
@AndyZhang2896 That's how it used to be. I don't know if they changed that when the bug was fixed.

Do you get them in your own neighborhood ?

Would you guys be willing to share your saves ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 43 (1,899 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictHello!
Here is the backup save file before I filled the house manually.
Please visit Willow Creek and Oasis Spring, each world only has 1 resident, all other houses are empty.
It looks like the current elder residents are present since the start game, not filled by the game. Currently living in Del Sol Valley and there is only 1 empty house, which is Inner Circle, not filled too. I'm sure my sims have live on Del Sol Valley for more than 2 weeks.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1m_18lYxT1Qo29wuMx1GabWNYXzvxqB2e

Oh another thing, some houses appear to have no furniture at all. I don't know how this happens. It's impossible that the owner of the house (townie) take their furniture away with them when moving (since we don't have story progression). I literally have no idea.

Message 15 of 43 (1,875 Views)

Hero
@AndyZhang2896 Thanks. I'll forward this. Not sure if I have time to check it before my break myself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 43 (1,872 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I am still having this issue on PS4. Is there an update for console players? I have entire worlds without any families.

If it helps, I have all expansion packs, game packs, and stuff packs with the exception of Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, and Backyard.

Message 17 of 43 (1,862 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Rae_Regenbogen The next console patch can be expected for Oct. 10th: https://twitter.com/SimGuruLegacy/status/1178742533905514497

Don't know if this will be fixed but hopefully.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 43 (1,851 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is still happening to me as well. I have two different game saves that I play, and in my first game (which I have not opened in a while) I did notice this working. My current game however does not fill empty houses like it's supposed to, and nearly everyone has died off except for a couple of elders still hanging on. I play on a mac and have no expansion packs or game packs (only the free Holiday Stuff Pack) or CC.

Message 19 of 43 (1,812 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Peapod79 Yes, I hate having to do fresh saves also, Now I guess I'll have to put played sims in every world...I've never done that before. Oh, well, new experience.
Message 20 of 43 (1,778 Views)