[FIXED] Eating fruitcake reaction gets stuck for all foods

by simvasion

Original Post

Re: Acting Disgusted When Eating EVERYTHING

Hero

@Tiger_Lover_78  I moved your first post over here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Eating-fruitcake-reaction-gets-stuck-for-all-foods...

Stil trying to find out which issue OP has.

Please see my answer to you there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 47 (2,074 Views)

Hero

Tagging @ezorne  again for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 47 (2,043 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Just posting to say we're still having trouble reproducing this issue. So yeah, if anyone has a save file that they can share it'd be incredibly appreciated, thanks so much!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 33 of 47 (2,000 Views)

Champion

@SimGuruNick wrote:

Just posting to say we're still having trouble reproducing this issue. So yeah, if anyone has a save file that they can share it'd be incredibly appreciated, thanks so much!

It seems to be consistently reproducible for me, no saves required - it's an issue with the hidden traits and the animation overrides associated with them.

When any sim eats fruitcake, they get assigned either the hidden "Likes Fruitcake" trait or the hidden "Hates Fruitcake" trait.

These traits enable animation overrides for sim eating animations which presumably are intended to only apply when eating fruitcake. But instead, they trigger for any and all food consumed.

I tested this by having a sim with the Likes Fruitcake trait eat a normal quality bowl of cereal. He had additional animations making yummy reactions as if he loved the food.

Then I modded the Likes Fruitcake trait and removed the animation override, repeated the exact same eating cereal and he ate the bowl normally with no special reactions. As it should be.

You have something wrong with those trait_asm_overrides - trait_lovesFruitcake and trait_hatesFruitcake.

Message 34 of 47 (1,975 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I hope this works. It's the last played Sim (Masaru Asao).  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1R-DtazavgNGS76sNv8N0lmoMmlLFwHFe

Message 35 of 47 (1,938 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @lipscanna 

I'm getting a 404 error when attempting to access the link.  Is that the proper address?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 36 of 47 (1,922 Views)

Champion

There are extra characters at the end of the link (probably from a bad copy paste), but if you manually highlight the text and and copy paste that into your URL bar it works.

Message 37 of 47 (1,909 Views)

Hero
There was a space at the end. I fixed it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 47 (1,898 Views)

EA Sims Team

@lipscanna @crinrict @simvasion 

I have it now, thank you!

Message 39 of 47 (1,878 Views)

★★ Guide

@SimGuruNick @SimQARobo 

Are you still looking for saves for this issue? While testing something completely different, I now have a sim that has "likes fruitcake", and who at his next meal used the excellent food animation while eating a poorly made salad. (He has the foodie trait, too, so he definitely should not have been reacting that way!)

Message 40 of 47 (1,774 Views)