by hairongaid20

Original Post

[OPEN] [ECO] The Number of Signatures does not Add Up

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the expansions. For game packs, I have all of them except the magic world, strangerville, and the jungle adventure. For stuff packs, I have tiny living, laundry and vintage stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start petition. Gather signature. Succeed. The number of signatures does not increase.
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot gather the signatures to change the plan of the community.
What do you expect to see? I want to be able to get the signatures number increased to change the community plan.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

After I gathered the signatures for the petition of the community plan successfully, the number of the signatures would not add up. Thus, I cannot revoke the current ongoing community plan.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 19 (7,356 Views)

Repeal signatures not being counted

★★ Novice

My sim is trying to collect repeal signatures. Her neighbours sign the petition but the counter remains at 0

Message 2 of 19 (7,400 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] The Number of Signatures does not Add Up

★★★★ Expert

I tested this in a new folder for the patch and pack where my sim, living in Stonestreet Apartments #3 in Grim's Quarry, had enacted the Modern Development in Grims's Quarry, already. They voted for a repeal of the policy, and gathered signatures asking sims from the neighbourhood as well as the Evergreen Harbour world and other worlds. They got the signatures, with a little animation of signing a clipboard, but the number/tally did not reflect this, but stayed at 0/5 no matter who and how many sims they asked.

I had travelled in, and reloaded, this save a number of times, so tried in a new folder and save to see if that made a difference: placed a sim in The Shipping Views in Port Promise, enacted Green Initiative in Port Promise, stayed in the neighbourhood (no travel screens), repealed it directly, and got the signatures to count when trying to.

But when checking this result by reloading the save from the save point right after the repeal was voted for, and then use CAS and travel within the world as well as reload; I still got the signatures to count.

I also tried to have a week go by after having enacted the Green Initiative, and then try to repeal it, with travelling and reloading both before and after the repeal was requested; but still got the signatures to count.

I am not sure what made them not count in the first save, but have it ready to send if necessary.

Message 3 of 19 (7,216 Views)

Re: Repeal signatures not being counted

★★ Novice

I have a similar issue. My sims live in Sulani and I'm trying to collect repeal signatures, but the option to collect those signatures isn't available at all except in Evergreen Harbour but they don't apply because they don't live in the same neighbourhood. What do i do?

Message 4 of 19 (7,198 Views)

@nmgbell and @TayStormy  i've merged your posts into a bug thread for this issue.  Please feel free to click Me Too and add any other info you find relevant.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 19 (7,129 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same issue as OP and above. I have all expansion packs, game packs, and stuff packs. I have never used mod systems (I have used the testing cheats from time to time, but generally just to debug or reset when things are going slow or glitching out and freezing while time continues...I have a crumby laptop PC.)

Message 6 of 19 (6,997 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] The Number of Signatures does not Add Up

★ Novice

Me too  have noticed the bug with the repeal process.. For me it is not showing in the social pie menue

Message 7 of 19 (6,616 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@zeruaeno2012 Yep I’m having the same problem. I’ll keep looking for answers & will check back.
Message 8 of 19 (6,536 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue, I have tried repealing several different NAPs, but no matter which I choose after collecting signatures the counter remains at 0 so I cannot repeal any of them. This is a pretty ridiculous issue to have as the entire point of this expansion is 100% reliant on these actions. I have tried a full repair and I have tried copying the save files to my other laptop and running it there with the same results. 

Message 9 of 19 (6,484 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me, to help us investigate? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 19 (5,807 Views)