by sirbliiz

Original Post

[OPEN] [ECO] Stonestreet/Pinecrest Apartments - Flooring not working

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Bought apartment 3/4, bulldozed property, went to place flooring (tested with and without walls), and it says I need a room to place it in.
What happens when the bug occurs? It doesn't allow me to place flooring. I've tried single place option and the room option neither work.
What do you expect to see? Flooring to be placed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've tested this on Apartment 4 after finding it Apartment 3, it had the same issue. I tested it with a house, but flooring in the house is working fine.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 24 (8,946 Views)

Issue with Apartments in Eco Lifestyle-Cannot place floors

★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’ve updated my game and with the new apartments in eco living, if I bulldoze the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can no longer put flooring down and if I make a whole room, the wallpaper on the outside disappear
What do you expect to see? Have flooring been shown and have the outside wallpapers stay when modifying the inside and adding/removing walls
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This issue occurred after an update.

I’ve updated my game to the latest patch and with the new apartments in eco living, if I bulldoze the lot.

I can no longer put flooring down and if I make a whole room, the wallpaper on the outside disappear.

I can no longer put flooring down and if I make a whole room, the wallpaper on the outside disappear. 

Thank you

Message 2 of 24 (8,896 Views)

Re: Issue with Apartments in Eco Lifestyle-Cannot place floors

Hero
@lufugaming Is it both apartments or only the Stonestreet one as OP ?

Although bulldozing the other breaks that anyways

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 24 (8,864 Views)

Re: Issue with Apartments in Eco Lifestyle-Cannot place floors

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I’ve only tried the apartments Stonestreet... I didn’t have time to test the other apartments complex.
Message 4 of 24 (8,829 Views)

Re: Stonestreet Apartments - Flooring not working

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Baammiiee @lufugaming 

I was able to replicate this but I was able to find a way to get flooring to place.

So to get it to work:

Bulldoze the lot.

Use the Room Tool to redraw the walls around the entire space.  The Wall Tool and Custom Wall Tool will not work.  In this case, the space is rectangular so the Room Tool can capture the entire space in one shot.  

Place the floor tile in the entire space.  And pick a wall finish and place that on all the walls too.

Once you've got floor tile and wall finishes in the entire space then you can start drawing interior walls with the wall tools and complete your build.

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 24 (8,813 Views)

Re: Stonestreet Apartments - Flooring not working

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It works but man is that annoying, I wish the sims team would've fixed this before release. 

Message 6 of 24 (8,750 Views)

cant put flooring on an apartment

★★★ Newbie

Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco lifestyle, parenthood, tiny living and laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I cant put flooring on one of the Evergreen Harbours apartments. Its the stonestreet apartments #3. I dont have problem with any other one apartment.
What happens when the bug occurs? If i picked a flooring I cant put it anywhere. Game says needs to be put on the floor (or same sounding, I dont know what it is in english)
What do you expect to see? I want to put on flooring
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 7 of 24 (8,459 Views)

Re: cant put flooring on an apartment

Hero

@sirbliiz 

I think you have the same issue as in this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Stonestreet-Apartments-Flooring-not-working/m-...

Look at post number 5 for a way to install flooring in this apartment.

Hope this helps.

Message 8 of 24 (8,417 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Bulldozing Pinecrest apartments breaks them

★★★ Apprentice

I am having this issue with the Stonestreet apartments. I couldn't place the flooring after bulldozing the lot! But I was able to undo the bulldoze and had to manually delete everything. I'm on PC with no cc or mods. 

Message 9 of 24 (7,837 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Bulldozing Pinecrest apartments breaks them

★★ Guide
@chidoriaida I had it too, but when I click on the floor I have an option to build it and then I could change it's apperance. I guess bulldozing the lot is causing removal of the floor but it is still visible despite of it isn't there anymore.
Message 10 of 24 (7,755 Views)