Re: Items Disappearing from Inventory - Eco Lifestyle

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Some harvestables found in trash disappear from inventor

★★★★ Expert
@chaosgroupie You're right. I found some things in the trash just now and they never appeared in the sim's inventory.

Looks like the option "Dive for Deals" doesn't work at all. You find things but never get them.
Message 11 of 35 (1,132 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Some harvestables found in trash disappear from inventor

★★★★★ Novice
@Psychotps I'm glad someone else noticed it too. I was worried it was just me. Thanks for confirming
Message 12 of 35 (1,101 Views)

Re: Harvestables Disappearing from Personal Inventory

★★★★★ Novice
@alisonmoyet it seems random what disappears. Because all the berries I've gotten have never shown up, while I got a dragon fruit once and a money fruit once and those stayed 🤷🏻‍♀️ I dunno. I'm hoping it's just a glitch with the updated inventory system and easy to.fix, because this is irritating
Message 13 of 35 (1,100 Views)

★ Apprentice

i have the same problem, but also including stuff found in piles in the lab for Strangerville. Basically anything you have to rummage for.

Message 14 of 35 (1,012 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Kleinuuu I've merged your thread with the bug report on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 35 (996 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Had my sim dumpster dive the other day , she found a forbidden fruit (got the notification about it) and then i moved on to do other things. when i checked her inventory trying to recycle/ sell stuff it wasn't there.

ETA: All packs installed, Vanilla Game , New save after installing Eco

Message 16 of 35 (973 Views)

★ Guide

For me, it is most harvestables. It doesn't matter if I found them in the dumpster, harvested them from the neighborhood plants, or grew them myself. I will sometimes find them again in the household inventory but then I cannot do anything with them. I cannot even drop them on the ground to retrieve them. At that point, I can only sell them from the household inventory and give up.

Message 17 of 35 (967 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Just to add to this, my sim found a morel mushroom (comes with Outdoor Retreat) while diving for deals.  I dragged it out of his personal inventory immediately and placed it on the ground for him to plant and by the time he got back the mushroom had disappeared from the ground, so even if you take it out of the inventory immediately it can still disappear afterwards.

Best regards,

Jennifer

No mods/cc, game version PC: 1.63.136.1010, and all the packs up to an including Eco Lifestyle

Message 18 of 35 (948 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@MapleSimmer Yup, that happened to me too. Thought that I could stop things from disappearing by putting them on the lot, went back to the lot and they were gone.
Message 19 of 35 (942 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've had the same problem. When I harvested soy beans in the new world they didn't show up in my inventory at all. My sims guitar disappeared from the inventory. A laptop disappeared from the lot, only to show up in the inventory, but only when on the community space lot. When traveling back it wasn't in the inventory again. Only to show up on the table again maybe a sim week later. A candle my sim made kept appearing in the inventory again and again after being sold on the selling table.

I have all packs except my first pet, spooky stuff and moschino stuff. I play with mccc and haven't bothered to remove it since I've read about people having the same problem in their vanilla games. 

Message 20 of 35 (889 Views)